acceleration hesitation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubguyvr6

I've got a 90 Integra LS, and when I accelerate hard, I find the car doesn't pull steadily, I can see the tach needle jump little increments...I have a Dinan chip, and akimoto intake, I've had this setup for a while, but only noticed this lately. I've changed the coil, plugs, cap+rotor, plug wires, batery, ect....

I was wondering if a clogged fuel filter would be the source of this problem?? The car has ran on 92 Octane its whole life, plus I use injection cleaner around every 20 000KM.I also know my oil pressure switch is busted, but I dunno if that has anything to do with it..

I had the same prob with my civic and i change every thing that u mentioned and in the end it was a spak plug wire was not clipped on properly to the distributer cap check it out you never know!

Cool, thanx SlammedSI, I'll go check it now!!

and Karim, I know my Ac gets jealous when it sees the VW! but the same goes for the dub, it gets mad at me when I drive the Acura!! cars are like women!

Check your oil. That happened to me and it was because I had no oil!!

to mr acura,,,
chech distributor bearing.
o2 senser,which is one wire version
slightly blocked catalitic converter
here are three other thing's to go with and i hope you put high quality tune up part's also.if these check out ok then youv'e got a fun problem to find.

You should replace your igniter (inside the distributor)
and make sure the 4 little connectors are tight
just my suggestion!!

Hey Eric, let me know when you sell your car, I might want that Akimoto intake off you. And BTW, as for the hesitation I'd try what ADT said... If you don't solve it, go to g2ic.com and post a msg in the tech section, BR or Dan will definately point you in the right direction.

Thanx Richie, and no you can't have my intake :p

go to Auto jazz, he'll get ya a good price...if not, maybe I could find one at work, I'd have to call Keystone though...

You know Apex is now Tom Motorsport near Lazer??? you could go check him out too..

Like ADtuning said, I'd check the ignition and fuel system and after that good luck. It could be your fuel filter or maybe distributor.

Very funny Karim!! I don't have my CAI anymore...just put the normal P-Flow back..I was tired of the scrapping..

Yeah, I've never changed the fuel filter, and I've done about 70 000km since last year when I got it..I'll get one at work tonight...Gotta love them Canadian Tire prices!!

Hello to everyone on the bord.... some people I know.. some i dont...

N-e ways as for your problem, heres my 2cents......

Its very posssible bad fuel filter, has it ever been replaced?
now if its not that, I would go over your timig.. it can have that affect on your car.. Also with a chipped ecu + bad timing could = big problems..

As for the cat, I dont think it could be that cuz, usually when a cat is finished or "clogged" you can hear bits of debris moving around inside it...

ps remeber.. to make a car move you need 3 things: air, fuel and spark.. check everything that relates to them in the worst case..

lets us know if you find anything..

Hey Patrick!!

That was some deeeeelicious breakfast...huh?
Nice to see you up here regulating shlt!!

Hey KC, yeah Corra is always a great thing in the morning!!

Not trying to regulate just giving my opinion to whoever is listening...

SAME PROBLEM!!!!!

its funny i have the same problem has you
i put a dinan chip and drove the car for like 2 months and i got the same problem i think u should change the fuel filter but if am wrong meesg me back ok
thanx...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back