problem w/speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westy

Hey, I drive my fam's 94 GXE Altima,last year I think the speakers popped when they were playing loudly with full bass. Now the radio only works off and on, has this ever happened to anyone else... if so how can I fix it....... p.s. The quality of the sound is still the same as it used to be when it works. I think its in the wiring, im not sure though, any info would help.

The Altima's radios aren't that good of quality. Their lifespan is about 3-4 years, and then things start to go on them. Usually the display goes first, but sometimes you'll lose the radio altogether.

Though your problem sounds like some loose wires thats all. Pull the radio out, and have a tuf at the wires, see if anything isn't properly in their.

Originally posted by 99AltimaGXE
The Altima's radios aren't that good of quality. Their lifespan is about 3-4 years, and then things start to go on them. Usually the display goes first, but sometimes you'll lose the radio altogether.

Though your problem sounds like some loose wires thats all. Pull the radio out, and have a tuf at the wires, see if anything isn't properly in their.

is there any easy way to "pull out the radio" ?

If it's an automatic, there is a trim piece around the shifter that pops out. Lift that off, and you should see 2 screws I believe. Undo those and work from there. I know there are a couple of other screws, but I forget where they are. Once you get the trim piece off that covers the shifter (it just snaps in, no screws!) you should figure everything out. It's not hard. Once you have the main trim (front paneling) piece off, you should see the screws for the radio.

Also, if your in the Wet Island, I can show you how to do it quick. Once I get my dash kit (w/o a pocket), I'm adding my EQ in. So I'm going to be ripping apart my dash too. If you want to see how to do it, it only takes me about 5-10mins to get it all done if I got fast. But usually I take my time, cause I don't want to lose any screws. When the dash is off on my car, there's like this big "black hole" that goes down into the frame, and it's easy to drop thing into. I've already lost a couple screws down there, and well they have yet to turn up! they probably fell out while I was driving.

well you know that trim peace around the shifter ? It was put in with 2 plastic clips. The front was allready popped out to start, but i assume there is another clip in the back part holding it down, I don't want to force it and break anything. Maybe if there is a layout of this somewhere. Thanks.

Ok well that site didnt really explain the HOW TO part... but it has tons of links.. so i'm sure if i check some of them out tomorrow they have to tell me something. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back