problem with my SIR need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joeyb16a

i have basically two probleme with my car
1st when i rev my first gear up to 7900rpm then i shift to second, it often grind and the gear doesnt want to go in!!!!

2nd the car doesnt pull equal
it loom like i have no juice before3500rpm!!!
ex: i floor it and the car doesnt pull before 3500rpm
it give like a shot!! and the car didnt do that b4

humm.. sounds like a typical b16... no torque!.. sorry couldnt resist...

kinda to to tell need more info, what did you do? play with the timing? try to reset your ecu?

i didint do anything at all
that why im freaking out
and yeah no fuking torques!!

if the check engine isn't lit, then there are no codes to read. It sounds like your car may need a tune-up, plugs, fuel-filter, air filter, etc...or maybe you just got a bad tank of fuel.

As for 2nd gear....well your car is still under warranty, however be warned that the dealer will tell you that you aren't supposed to shift at over 4000rpm (standard response they give. You could also try changing the tranny fluid (Honda MTF ONLY!!!!) it may help.

Problem

Sam, e-mail me this week to tel me when u have time...
if you'd like i can pass by your house, and u can try my car to try and solve the problem!

jdibiase@videotron.ca

Re: Problem

It sounds like you have slammed 2nd gear once
too often. you have probably damaged the brass
(sycro). Dont wait to long before you drop the
transmission, or next you will damage the
selector and gear!!!
as for your driveabilty problem, a simple road
test would probably reveal the problem.
Oh , and the dealer ,probably would not warranty
the grinding problem, since its from abuse, unless
you have a good friend working there.

Re: Problem

Go to the dealer for the tranny, it's under warranty and they have to fix it (even if they think you beated on your car, they still have to change it, just stick to your story), for the second problem, maybe a bad tank of gaz or I was thinking also the timing.

Hey men! I have a sir and it use to do the same thing! Your cluch is toast:( That was my problem. Absolutly NO low end torque and my gears were relly hard to get in. Now i change my cluch and added a shortshifter and no prob anymore! good luck!
peace.

i also think my clutch is toasted
i drive the car real hard, i also have a short shifter
i have absolutely no low end torque!!!! but my gear only grind in second and its doesnt do it that often
honda told me its cuz of the short shift but its bull****
im still waiting for my clutch because im not shure if in gooing turbo of slaming a type r in that biatch!!
peace
joey

It's true about the short shifter, those things @#%$ up trannys because it causes you to shift to fast and it doesn't leave the syncros enough time to do theyr thing

Joey, I won't be able to look at your acr for at least a week or so...j'ai mes examens mi-session ce temps-ci. Mais apres la semaine prochaine je pourrais checké ca por toi. Et oui, pour la transmission, je pense que tes mieux d'aller chez Lombardi, ils comprent plus que les autre concessionaires.

ma garentie est a lombardi!!
ok envoie moi un e-mail et je vais passer chez toi quand tu auras le temps
moi aussi c fou a lécole ce temps ci!!!
i thinks my real problem is the clutch!

hey Joey, moi cet hiver j'y vas turbo avec surement un drag gen 3, pistons, rods,exaust, hondata stage 2b,.... pis du bon tuning avec mon sir. J'ai deja une clutch EXEDY pis je te dis qu'avec tout mon set-up je devrais faire low 13" ou hight 12" with a boost controler!!! $$$$$ is the key:( MOI a ta place je resterais avec mon b16a pisje travaillerais decus... Ca c'est mon 0.02$... peace pis bonne chance!!

jai pris ma decision et je vais turbo
mais jy vais custom voici mon futur setup

garrett t3/to4e( ball bearing si jai le $$)
custom intercooler + 2.5 inch piping
custom manifold + tial 35mm wastegate( 9psi spring)
tial 50mm bov
3 inch mendrel bent downpipe
3 inch custom cat back exhaust with apexi n1 rear axel
cartech fpr
toda cam gear
bosch inline fuel pump
head gasket( port&polised de la tete avant linstallation)
oversized throttle body
440 cc injector
hondata stage 3b avec p028 ecu+ vtec-controller
boost controller
turbo timer
atc clutch
all the hardware
ca devrai coute aux environs de 6000$

plus tard va aller les piston + rod+ block gard

je commence a 10 psi sur mes interne stock et va augmenté a 18 apres que mes interne sois terminer

seulement 6000$ ou tu fais faire ca? c tu tout installé et clef en mains? en t k ca l'air d'un bon set-up...!:D

ca va coute environs ca!!!
plus le tuning+ instalation
je vais acheter les piece du gars qui vas linstaller( meilleur prix)

je compte acheter mon manifold+tial wastegate dun gars des states

pour la bov je suis pas sur encore( peu-etre une greddy type r ou une hks ss)

OK! La je comprends.. parce que 6000 installé pis tuné sur le dyno avec hondata, ca aurait été un esti de bon prix!! En t k, je te souhaite un set up de malade pis en passant, moi je prendrais le hks ss comme bov parce qu'il parrait qu'il a un son ecoeurant pis est aussibon que le greddy... peace!

P-S J'espere qu'on va se croiser a une lumiere rouge l'ete prochain avec nos set-up!

jespere moi aussi
jespere aussi que tu vas avoir au moin 350whp!!!!
si tu es interesser dis moi le quand tu as le cash comme ca on ira acheter le setup ensemble le prix va etre meilleur a 2
je vais surement acheter le kit de advance efi et ajouter 4x440cc injector+ tial wastegate+bov+custom manifold
pour les piping le prix est le meme ,meme quand il sont plus gros
je me cherche un place pour un custom intercooler pas trop cher genre 700$$

un turbo custom cest bien mieux que les kit vendu pour 7000$ genre drag!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back