How may SR20DETs in montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOHC240

Legacy Member
I am trying to decide wether or not to get the SR and I would like to know how many 240's around here have them.

I know of about 3 of them. 2 in S14s and 1 in an S13.

Marshall

Two people on http://npclub.com have completed the swap with a 200sx and a NX2000. The NX2000 went from a SR20DE -> SR20DET swap and the other one is 200SX with a GA16DE -> SR20DET swap.

Pat(NX2000), AyrtonSennad(200SX) and nx2k(NX2000) on npclub.com have completed the swaps on their cars. I think there are a few more people with swaps done sometime soon

Marshall

Are you on npclub.com ? If not, come on by and join in on some Nissan discussions. We also have meets the first Monday of the month at the Julep and a several members show up at the Julep on Thursdays on a regular basis.

one of my friend as done this swap to... ga16de to sr20det... in a nx1600... lol

if i had to begin a new project it will be with an sr20det...

How much does the SR20DET clip or engine cost locally? If going in a 240 do they usually use the stock tranny or use a different tranny?

they bolt up to stock trannies.

The s13 SR20DET is more expensive than the Bluebird, gti-r or primera one.

I beleive a complete one with downpipe, MAF and ECU should go for about 2600 around here. I know lots of shops have them without the ECU for like 2200 or 2400$.

:) engine land at the bonaventure show thought i was an idiot and wanted 10K for a red top SR front clip ROFL

Grab any 2.0 from a scrapper and go to your local dealer... Turbo Kits (and lower compression Turbo Pistons) now available through Nissan Motorsports ccatalogue. Turbocharge any Nissan/Infiniti 2.0 at home.

hmm, Problem is Nissan dealerships are ignorant, and most times dont even have the latest Nissan Motorsport USA catalogue.

But I bet the Nissan Motorsport turbo kits are just rebadged Hotshot ones :)

Oh and BTW, The Mole Man.

This thread was mainly about an SR swap in a 240sx.

There are NO RWD SR20DE's in North America, so you cant pick one up at the scrap yard. You can find some for the Sentra, G20, NX2000, 200sx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back