Accord Type-R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacey

www.handlerwheels.com
I find this model Accord much nicer than the ones we get here....not to mention the fact that they get a Type R version! The engine is a H22 but nicely massaged to 215 HP!

Here's a quote!:

Open the bonnet and you know instantly that this engine is no ordinary 2.2 litre VTEC . The red crackle paint finished twin-cam rocker covers with the raised machine finished ‘Honda VTEC’ lettering deliver a crystal clear message endorsed by the fat equal length race-style exhaust headers.

The top Prelude coupe gets this basic engine with 185bhp, but for the Accord Type R , the compression ratio has been raised a tad to 11.0: 1, the internals lightened and balanced, and the ports and valves given some serious flowbench time. Honda were no doubt happy when their dyno sheet read 212 bhp at 7,200rpm and 159 lb ft (215 Nm) of torque at 6,700rpm. That torque figure is deceptive because in fact 140 lb ft (190Nm) is on tap from 2,000rpm. It is enough to blast this 1,405 kg saloon to 60mph in just 7.2 sec and on to 142mph. Throttle response is race car like, and the revs rise and fall instantly.

SWAP ANYONE?

typer_10.jpg

typer_05.jpg

typer_04.jpg

tr_1v.gif

tr_3v.gif

gotta like these seat

is it true that recaro are gooing out of business??

I think I speak for everyone when I say, why do we not get the cars that they make in Japan, they have a lot more pollution than we do, I think they should be the ones with the Cats and crap. Why do we need to clean the bloody air for the rest of the world's crap. That's it I'm writing a petition to the PRIME A-HOLE of Canada...lol.

I might be wrong but I think the Type R Accord comes with a destroked 2.2 liter block that displaces 2 litres, but I'm not sure.

No.it's a 2.2...and it's quite the torquey little vtec! But it does cost around 50 000$ canadian!

Sport_10403_10632_front.jpg

Engines 2.2i Type-R

Engine Type DOHC VTEC

Displacement (cc) 2157

Max. Power (PS @ rpm) 212 @ 7,200

Max. Torque (Nm @ rpm) 215 @ 6,700

It does doesn't it! Thank god we don't get those over here! They look like they Tip pretty easily too!

I think they do more than tip they probably flip over and over again like your in a barrel that is being rolled like your rolling a strudel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back