Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joeyb16a

ill make this as short as possible
i have a civic sir 99

this is the setup:
go see www.f-max.com
f-max turbo kit with 62mm trimball bearing upgrade and tial wastegate 9 psi spring
unstead of 2 lucas/rc 440 cc injector ill buy 4 and shave the upper intercooler piping( the 2 hole in the pipe is to add the 2 lucas injector) sell that cheap ass manifold!! and buy a custom manifold made of stanless steel, custom 3 inch down pipe, j&s safeguard( help for detonation), walboro gss 342 in tank fuel pump, vortech fmu 12:1, intercooler, hks ss bov, and all hardware,clutch but i dont know which one to buy??
integra rs tranny with lsd( sir tranny will be for sales) and egt, fuel pressor, boost and a/f gauges.

im gonna start boostting 10 psi on my stock internal( retard timing and a head gasket that will reduce compression)

furtur mod will be block guard , piston and rod i will not boost more then 15 psi,apexi avc-r.Im aiming 12 sec on built bottom end and low 13 on stock internal

tell me what you guys think and waht should i upgrade!!
thanx

Sounds not to bad but dont forget a very important part of your system... all that power wont do @#%$ if you cant get it to the ground... si either slicks or some very good street tires(read 15" or less also) will be needed for this.

turbo

i taught about some bf-goodrich drag radial in 15 inch
are they legal on the street
ive heard that traction passed the cap of 220whp suck big time without very sticky tire!!!!!

Re: turbo

What are the options for honda traction control! Does Quaife make stuff for you guys?

Re: turbo

Yup Quaife has a diff for us, so does Kaaz and 1-2 more Japanese company.. and dont forget the Phantom Grip... works so good you dont even notice it's there :lol: (said sarcasticly of course, that thing is not even worth the metal it's made of...)

lds

i think qualife is a very good limited slip but its well over 1000$$ i dunno about the kazz but ive seen alot of turbo guys running that lsd!!!

I doubt think a quaife over an itr lsd would make more than 1/10th of a sec difference for drag racing. For actual course or auto-xing, yes. Save your money for something else and stick with an itr lsd.

guys i decided to go custom
ill buy the turbo kit piece by piece
this is the new setup: i think ill have alot more power with that at 10psi
garrett t3/t04e with .58 turbine and a/r compressor of .50
ceramic coated turbine housing
tial 35mm external wastegate with 9psi spring(open loop)
tial 50mm bov
custom stanless steel manifold
3 inch downpipe mendrelbent
spearco front mount intercooler 24x6.5x3.5
2.5inch intercooler piping mendrel bent
hondata stage 3b
f-max head gasket
bosch inline fuel pump
cartech fmu
rc 440 cc injector
efi systems billet map sensor check valve
cone filter
autometer boost,a/f, gauges
integra ls tranny with itr lsd
apc clutch
all hardware that i need
3 inch apexi n1 exhaust with 3 inch stanless steel catback
boost 10psi with timing retard of 1 degree until i get my internal
then raise boost at 18 psi at track and keep it at 10 psi on street
i thinks this is more reliable and ill have alot more power with taht setup

see ya next year at napi!!

Something is wrong in your list... Cartech FMU and a Hondata???? With the Hondata, you dont need a FMU, just one hella big fuel pump to run your 440cc injectors, the Hondata will take care if it all...

Oh ans the same goes for the map sensor trick thing... the Hondata actually used the Map sensor to read boost...

It's alot of money, but you seem to have all the parts lined up... that's the easy part, now the hard part will be to fit them all together so they work in harmony and create a monster :)

not a bad setup.

I suggest if you go for the Bosch pump you should trash the stock pump and use only the Bosch. As for your manifold...who is gonna do it for you....keep me upto date please.

the manifold and the downpipe will be bought from a guys in the states
i saw his post on honda-tech.com
i heard good thing of it
ill put it on my demo car and if its real good ill ask the guy to ship a bunch of it for the store(since im opening my shop)
hes also sending me a tial wastegate for 250us!!The manifold is 350 us its made of stanless steel ( i think i can get a better price if i order more part from him to built my custom turbo
the only thing, you cant run closed loop wastegate with it, therefore it will be louder!!!
the turbo spoil faster due to the stanless steel and it give you 10whp compair to revhard and drag manifold!!

e-mail me if you have question
jdibiase@videotron.ca

by the way sam i think you live next to my house
you live in st-léo right?? your teg was black b4 and you had 16 tsw
anyways i just wanted to know
ciao

Hey Joey, the guy from Honda-tech is it Geoff from Z10? I saw his manifold posted and it did look very nice. And Yeah you are dead on about me and my car. If ya see me outside stop by. I haven't noticed any SiRs around my house....anyway come and say hello. You seem to have really researched your stuff, I like that.

Just watch your back if Sam says he likes you, I got some naughty pictures of what happens when he does :lol:

I certainely hope you will be able to run that thing once it's all builded up and BTW, i'm in St-Léonard also... you might have saw me zipping by on a red/black ZX9R this summer...

:lol: @ Pete.

I told you to keep that quiet!!!! :lol:

yeah right see you this summer, you practically live on top of me and I never saw in the 'hood.

BTW, did you buy a civic?

I got me a 91 Si dfor a winter beater and i'm checking one engine out to frop in there tonight at the Julep, you'll be there??

off a 92 Si with 100 000kms on it... whole shebang for 500... tranny, axles, ecu, distributor, everything... :)

dammit, you got a 91 Si?? sheit...I'm jealous, yeah I'll shoe up for a while, but I'll only get there for about 9:45 though (work)

BTW, I know you know this, but the 92 tranny is useless to you, as is the ECU...

just trying to make you look stupid. :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back