when starters go wrong*56k*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter Steve

Legacy Member
i came home from work expecteing to take my starter off to see what that damn noise was in my bellhousing...
i saw this...

Starter-f-cked%20015.jpg

my dad had already starter work...

this is the starter... in pieces
the small pieces were stuck behind the flywheel, and bouncing around causing that clicking noise.
Starter-f-cked%20002.jpg

My pleasure! I'm not using the space for now...

So sad to see your car in pieces! Hopefully you'll just need a new starter right?

ya i just need a new starter

i got an entire refund for the starter that i purchased in august, and bought a new one at a store much much better!!
Canton auto parts on hymus in kirkland. its the greatest place ever,
i am also replacing the clutch while its all apart
so i walk in to canton, tell Rob that i need a clutch, he doesnt have any, so he orders it and has it for 1pm, thats only 4 hours!!
i needed a brake piece rebuilt, i brought it to him before noon, he had it rebuilt and back in the store by 5 that night!!

im picking up the clutch and starter tomorrow and also changing my oil, i cant wait to drive the car again!

wow, your dad doesn't waste any time does he! Gives me a taste of what to expect when I'll be doing my tranny conversion this winter. Glad to see its just the starter! Freaken Cancan tire sucks...

Glad everything's ok now Steve. Keep me up to date ;). You'll have to tell me about the rest of that Cacatire story...

Glad it's ok now!

@Silverlude... t'aurais du venir voir mon swap... ca t'aurais aussi donner une idée un peu de tout ca! :D

silverlude said:
wow, your dad doesn't waste any time does he! QUOTE]

nope... i got home from work (i worked 8-3:30) and it was all apart, i was kind dissapointed, because i wanted my share of effort put into it, however ill be helping put it together

just remember when you go to put the tranny back on, REMOVE the crank positioning sensor from above the bell housing or else the tranny wont go in and the sensor will break.

gotcha, I read that before as well. Thanks for confirming the tip!

@MC: maudit, j'aurais pas voulu me meler du flirt entre toi et ton professeur :p :D

Steve S14 said:
just remember when you go to put the tranny back on, REMOVE the crank positioning sensor from above the bell housing or else the tranny wont go in and the sensor will break.

Is that experience speaking?

Do you mind if I resize the pics?

mrshoe said:
Is that experience speaking?

Do you mind if I resize the pics?

no, i read it on the internet i think 240sx.org

you can resize them all you want!! you were kind enough to allow the host space, you can do as you want with them. the only reason i didnt make them smaller is that im lazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back