Car Buying Decision: SIR Vs GSR (GIMME UR VIEWS!)

• Thread starter Youngstarintheciv
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Youngstarintheciv

Hey all
I'm wondering which would be a better buy.
Eiether a Sir or a GSR both between the yr's 97-2000
What's your verdict?
Basically I'm looking for a fun car to drive. I also wanna do some major tuneups under the hood for some more speed (maybe turbo in the future) and also I enjoy a little show (body kit, suspension) as well. You know have a head turner. Another thing is sound. I wanna have a pumping sound system. But I dont want this to be a hardcore street racer just a fun/fast cruising summer car.
Thanks all
Karim

I used to own a 95 integra GS-R, No doubt about it the GS-R is a faster car.
But i like the look of the Civic SI-R better.

97CivicType-R

Car Buying Decision: SIR Vs GSR (GIMME UR VIEWS!)

You should definitly go for the GS-R
it has a much sportier look than a civeic, even an SiR

And for both car, no problem for tuning it

Re: Car Buying Decision: SIR Vs GSR (GIMME UR VIEWS!)

buy my sir!!!!

Re: Car Buying Decision: SIR Vs GSR (GIMME UR VIEWS!)

Hey I'm getting some good responses
U guys are quick
Actually I'm thinking about it for next summer
Sorry I have no g' for now
Karim

which one???

Personally I find the look of the SiR a bit fresher. The Integra has been around since '94. The GS-R is torquier and ultimately a little quicker but it comes down to with you find the better deal on.

Matt

Re: which one???

U know though.
another thing I like about the GSR that the sir doesn't have is a nice interior. I think if I got an Sir I would buy some custom interior(just for some nice atmosphere) but if I got a GSR that would save me some money from that aspect and money saved means money spent on another aspect.
Keep the views coming
Karim

Go for the GSR. There are less of them around and it's a bit quicker.

If you are looking for a fun car to work on then I would say go with the SiR, reson being that you can probably get it for cheaper and hence have more money to spend on the other stuff. Also I think it's a little easier to make an SiR turn heads as opposed to a GSR. But anyway both cars are good choices.

Go with the GSR. Faster, better looking, better interior, better period but that's just my opinion.

by the way my friend is selling is 2000 black grr with skunk 2 coilover , kyb shock , tanabe exhaust, intake, clearlight all around,type r fog light, leather interior, etc.... its fully equip!!!and also fast and smooth at the same time
the car have 50000km and hes asking 24000

just put a ,turbo and jdm front end conversion and the car will be amazingand very fast!!

I am actually buying the car next sumer
but if it's still around (which I doubt that car will sell fast) I will definetly consider it

he changed his price he wants 20500 cash!!!
that nothing considering that a 2000!!

La GSR est theoriquement plus rapide.... parcontre rendu a la track cets pas toujours le cas! moi personnelement je serrais pas capable de conduire une GSR... juste a cause des rapports de transmission a chier!!! je conduirais la GSR une semaine pis je la crisserais dans le mur tellement je serrais frustrer de sortir du vtec sur le shift 1-2!!! avec ma SiR je peux shifter a 7000rpm et rester dans le vtec quand meme!!!

my 0.02$

Tu sort pas du VTEC avec une vrai transmission de GSR dans le shift 1 a 2, si tu le fait c'est parce qu'il y a un probleme avec le gearage dans la transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back