Best tuning shop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RayB21

I wanna' know what is the best tuning shop in MTL ? when it comes to MAGS > KITS > SUSPENSIONS > INTERIORS > EXHAUST > INTAKES etc........ya' know everything to make a ride look good ? What is the best shop on the ISLAND OF MONTREAL ?

canadian tire has lots of cool things?!

there really isnt one better than the other. they all have there high and low points. your best to visit them all and decide which is best to your needs.

I'm gonna get a Canadian Tire windshield banner.

Every shop has it's ups and downs. You have to find the one that YOU like. Pick one from my shops list.

Well what I mean is...........a shop that could do all thw work ! like RMR > AJ AUTOSPORT > AD TUNING > EXCEL IMAGE > TOM MOTOR SPORT..............Have any advice ?

Trac Racing has mechanics and they sell parts for almost any car. RMR as well. These are the big boys in Mtl. Most other shops specialize in a certain field like stickers or body work etc.

only certain shops can handle STICKERS. the amount of performance gained by this is unimaginable. tonight i saw the best handling car in the world!! it was a civic with tokico,eibach, and konie stickers on it. and to back up this performance the driver had 2 sets of seatbelt padding, one set said "handling by Porsche" and the other "Honda power". man I'm not getting in this guys way. oh ya cant forget Ontario plate.

I go to Auto HTA for all my performance work. They're mechanics and they specialize in Japanese cars. They do good work and have great service and prices.

Shops

Just go to napierville and see what people are running, And you'll see what garages know what thier doing.

ADTuning Rocks. Who else can do an engine transplant in a day if they had to.

www.adtuning.com/

Re: Shops

97 civic type r.....Jeremy transplanted my vr6 in a day!!

Jap Tuning is my choice for VW tuning.
But for Honda...I'd say ADTuning! No Doubt, they'll do anything from installing your shift knob, to putting a gsr turbo into your 89 civic!

a simple engine swap is possible in less than a day....pretty much all you need are two guys, a cherry picker, and lots o' Mickey Dees. But, yes Tony from Adtuning is very good, as is TRAC and Laminar. Now, these are all competitors....Laminar and ADtuning are more garages than shops but can get you pretty much everything. Trac can outfit you and your car from head to toe (literally). I suggest you go speak to Tony (ADtuning), Rob (Laminar), and Steph (Trac) so that you can get a feel of which shop can do what for you.

lol turbo323, you're killing me!!! Does that means that we have to open "riceboy of the week" post or something?! All I know, I have to check what I say about this: I'm so close of being rice myself ;)

I wanted to comment on something, but I don't think it would be appropriate in this thread...

Re: Lets hear it

Ray there a bunch of great shop, find one where you feel comfortable spending your money, your question was "the best shop in MONTREAL" . Now ASM is on the south shore, Trac is on the North shore, that leaves RMR, ADTuning, Laminar. Take your decision and compare parts avaibility vs competence and proffessionalism....;)

oh for the love of....... I forgot to mention RMR (sorry guys)

I'll tell you my experience with the shops I've dealt with...

Imoprt Expert: bought a couple of things from them, unfortunately the guys I dealt with didn't know beans about Hondas (granted this was about 8 years ago) haven't been back since....but they do carry alot of OMP products....which I personally like

RMR: I spent so much money there...... :( been good to me, I feel a little intimidated going in there (probably has something to do with the clientele....way too much money to spend) competent service, at least one expert in whatever make tickles your fancy.

Lombardi: Steve is cool, understands the JDM craze...Everytime I walk into there I feel like Norm (from cheers) He can get pretty much anything....never heard "Sorry, we don't carry it" If ya want it, he'll get it.

ADTuning: Only one experience with Tony, happened last year when my friend and I were doing my swap and needed some stupid little parts that weren't available anywhere else (ECU harness wiring ends) Very friendly and willing to help (didn't charge me either :) )

Trac: my new home, haven't bought much.....yet. But everytime I go I have fun. I don't know too many of the guys, but everyone is cool and helpful. Since there is so much racing experience in that place, they are able to tell you what works and what doesn't. The phrase "can't get/do that" doesn't exist here either.

I hope I have been fair to everyone......go see everyone and decide.

I can live with that.
Every shop has it's niche and it's particular clientel. They all have a philosophy about service and products. take your pick.

I've been to a number of high performance shops from HTA to TRAC to RMR but the 1 shop that stands out the most is AUTO PIT STOP in St.Michel. Even though all the work is done in a garage at home, Cosmo is one great mechanic and knows his Hondas/Acuras inside out! Whether you want a turbo or nitrous or engine swap, COSMO is thee "artist". His work is always clean, professional and precise. I think he is 1 of the best if not the best there is. But..i still respect all other shops!
Long live the import scene. Peace....

I have to agree with RMR on this. Cosmo is a nice guy, and does nice work, but you do have to be patient...very patient. Try to get ahold of during the day is impossible, ordering something takes for ever, and if you are shopping for prices....don't even bother calling, you'll get your answer after the part you are looking for has already rusted out because you bought it from someone else 9 months before.

One of my friends literally got a price quote 6 months after having asked for it..... and yes, it was one of his regulars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back