1000 watt 4 ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

illest

k i just got a new amp and its just 2 powerful... 1000 watts at 4 ohms is too much.... i have the eq and everything that can be altered at the absolute lowest setting... im going to add a sub to absorb some of the power but i need more ideas to loose bass ... i never thought id say it..but i need less bass ...ideas?

if i wanted to do that i wouldnt be asking the question... im gonna keep the amp so when i want 4 subs i'll have a amp that's worthy...

how about you buy some nice components and give some good power to them to balance out the bass? Or just turn the gains all the way down on the amp. And on your HU turn the bass to the lowest, as well as on your EQ. Oh and BTW a GOOD EQ on its lowest setting should not let much signal through. Especially when the HU is set low, and then the external EQ even lower. Do you have a dedicated sub out on you HU? If not does your EQ at least have one? (3 pairs of preouts?)

this is illest..

thanks for the advice man... im not sure about some of it but ill find someone who is

You need to get a line adapter, like this:

http://www.davidnavone.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=N-91V

If you want to try it before you buy it, meet me at the julep, and I'll let you borrow it for a few minutes. It's all rca, so easy swap.

Why get a line adapter when he already has preouts? At least I hope he does. Unless you mean a line driver? (to boost the signal voltage)?

did my idea work?

so tony did you try what I suggested? did the toothpick method work? haha

peace:bigup:

the description of the lina adapter sounds like its exactly what i need... im gonna check the preouts first tho... thanks 2 all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back