Hybrids (U know u love em)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Youngstarintheciv

Ok Guys
I am interested in throwing in a h22a1 into my 98 hatchback. But before the whole process goes through I would just like to know what extra parts I would have to change to make this swap perfect. I was told there is a lot of stock parts that I would have to change. Also I turn to you guys because I am still new at this (and I know that you guys are very educated on all of this stuff) and I don't want somebody at the shop to rip me off with stuff I don't need.
Thanks in advance
Karim

There is a guy (TeamRedlineH22a) who has done this conversion. He will be able to help you. As for all the little parts, only the garages will be able to tell you. Try ADTuning, Trac, Laminar, Auto Sin May. Compare and chose the best price.

K Thanks Danny
do u personally think it is wise to throw in a h22a into a hatch b/c a lot of my friends are advising me againist it.
But since I first got into cars I thought having a prelude engine in a hatch was a dream come true.
What are u thoughts?
Karim

If it's done properly, sure! Just stay away from hack jobs.

SCC

In lasts month issue of Sport Compact Car they put an H22 into a 93 Civic HB.

That's a badass set-up! But i think it's a little more of a job than just putting in a gsr, sir or type-r! I don't belive that it just bolts in like the other engines do! You've got to build a whole custom frame for the engine! It's possible, but this means extra dollars and a little less reliability! I think it's worth it if you've got the $$$! However you will get the same gains if you go with a type-r!

Someone correct me if i'm wrong!

I've been totally into throwing in a H22 into a hatch so I think as soon as I get the G's for the swap I'll do it.
However I am a Cegep student so it'll take me a while to come up with the dough. But i got a dream man and I wont rest till it's a reality.
Thanks All
Karim

i just done it this week-end , i threw a F20B ( jdm accord Sir-T ) in a '98 civic hatch .

we bought custom support from PLACE RACING and custom shaft . it made the swap more easy in the mechanical part of the Job .

for the wiring it was another deal , because the engine came from a ACCORD a lot of thing were different and to top it off i install a H22a ecu .so the wiring parts was very difficult

but if u got a H22a with the right ECU that come with it . it gonna be more easy . about 7-8 wire to add from the ECU .

and if u plan to have it EMISSION legal get a CANADIAN H22A , THE jdm OBD-II ECU had the same layout but they don't use a second oxygen sensor and all the ANTI-POLLUTION device . the engine managment is very basic

-for info about the engine i install in the '98 hatch its a F20B 2,0L DOHC VTEC 200 hp and 144 FT/lbs of torque came in the Honda ACCORD SiR-T in '98 only in Japan , to recognise it the engine got a BLUE valve cover and u can't made the difference between this engine and a H22A .
engine1.jpg

asia.vtec.net/article/CF4/

Mart how is the ride overall
do u have any regrets about the swap altogether
and where did you get your work done on it
Thanks in advance
Karim

I done it by myself and for the driving impression the car will be finish this week-end.

i done for a good friend of me .

wait till this week-end for the driving impression :)

You have just dropped off your car at the repair shop of your choice. Your planning on spending between
$ 3,000.00 & $ 8,000.00 for your dream "engine swap". What would be your major concern when you get
your car back?

My concern would be to make sure it was a clean install that works properly.

la question etait "what would you be concerned about after you get a swap done" and like we have seen so many times...alot of hybrids have idle gremlins.

my had one (idle problem) on his 2e gen B16a .

the problem was ........... injector leaking !!!!!!!! :)

and @ Laminar X : Mark is that you ???

Of course everyone would like their car to be just like stock after a swap (except for power).The reality of it is that they rarely are. If you have the budget almost any engine kit can be installed into any car.Rewiring the car is the key. If the wiring is too extensive, you will have an idle problem , at the least!!! The cabin harness should always be untouched , and when possible the old motor harness or new motor harness should be untouched in the shielded areas.Its normal for the owner of a 88 civic to want a 97 GSR motor kit put into his car ,but along with the nice new kit comes OBD2 and lots of wiring.The main thing,is to choose the proper kit for your car,and to think the wiring over very carefully.

Laminar - Thanks for joining the board. I like to have different garages to give their opinion on things. From what I've heard people say you guys are one of the best in Montreal.

I have a question for you that might benefit the readers a little bit: what common swap(s) for 92-95 or 96-00 civics do you think would be the easiest to do and have a near-stock end result (except for power).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back