Guild Wars 2

Bawise

Anyone pre-purchased/pre-ordered it?
Which race are you gonna play?
Which class?
omgbbqsauce

August 25th for pre-purchase / 28th in stores

J'ai deja acheter le Deluxe Digital
J'ai adorer le 1, j'ai joeur a la beta du 2 et j'adore le jeu j'ai vraiment hate qui sorte

Je risque de jouer un sylvari, peut-etre un ranger ou un guardian je sais pas encore

ya moyen de jouer au beta ou meme une version dessais du 1 ?? Sa l'air bon mais j'aimerai mieu asayé le gameplay avant de l'acheté.

ya moyen de jouer au beta ou meme une version dessais du 1 ?? Sa l'air bon mais j'aimerai mieu asayé le gameplay avant de l'acheté.
Je sais une beta le 20-22 juillet, mais je crois que c'est juste pour ceux qui ont pre-purchase

Est-ce que le jeu va être mieux que Diablo III selon vous?
Tu peux pas comparé ces jeux là, c'est vraiment pas le même genre. Mais je pense que GW2 va être un excellent jeu et risque de faire beaucoup de mal a WoW.

J'ai deja acheter le Deluxe Digital
J'ai adorer le 1, j'ai joeur a la beta du 2 et j'adore le jeu j'ai vraiment hate qui sorte

Je risque de jouer un sylvari, peut-etre un ranger ou un guardian je sais pas encore

Moi je vais jouer un asura for sure! Thief probablement, mais j'ai entendu dire qu'ils sont trop weak

Le jeu fera rien à WoW, sa va être la même hype que SWTOR.
Sa sera pas un échec, au contraire, mais sa sera pas assez pour détrôner WoW.

Le jeu fera rien à WoW, sa va être la même hype que SWTOR.
Sa sera pas un échec, au contraire, mais sa sera pas assez pour détrôner WoW.

WoW is already dying, and i'm quite sure that its not gonna be the same failure as SWTOR

WoW is already dying, and i'm quite sure that its not gonna be the same failure as SWTOR

Hey, get your facts straight.

WoW can lose 70% of it's playerbase and still remain the most played P2P MMO on the planet. As of 2012, the numbers keep dropping and keep increasing, with MoP's release in the T3 of 2012, the numbers will go back up, by a lot. The same drops occured before TBC came out, before Lich king came out, and before Cataclysm came out.

SWTOR can have as low as 300k subs and still remain a good money maker to EA, but they got 1.4 millions and the numbers are increasing now that summer is here and that patches fixed all of the huge problems like server populations. Bioware laid off 1/3 of it's staff, but most of it were the contracted actors and the extra sound engineers that were now useless post-production.

To say that SWTOR was a failure either shows that you don't know shit about the market, or you're just fanboying over GW2.

Also, everyone was saying that RIFT was an epic failure, yet the company behind it is making a shit ton of money, and the subs are very stable as of 2012, with many populated servers. The designers and the staff are far from being laid off, in fact, i can bet that many of them got pay increases.

Aion failed because it was basically a Korean MMO that tried to break into the NA/EU markets with a P2P model. You simply CAN'T do this shit with Korean MMOs, it's either F2P or don't even think about investing in it.

So it comes down to the facts and the most likely scenarios: GW2 will NOT harm WoW, but will not be a failure either. I'm sure it will be a very good game, but WoW is a phenomenon, the only thing that can actually harm it or beat it is the next gen MMO that's being worked by Blizzard.

Last edited:
Hey, get your facts straight.

WoW can lose 70% of it's playerbase and still remain the most played P2P MMO on the planet. As of 2012, the numbers keep dropping and keep increasing, with MoP's release in the T3 of 2012, the numbers will go back up, by a lot. The same drops occured before TBC came out, before Lich king came out, and before Cataclysm came out.

SWTOR can have as low as 300k subs and still remain a good money maker to EA, but they got 1.4 millions and the numbers are increasing now that summer is here and that patches fixed all of the huge problems like server populations. Bioware laid off 1/3 of it's staff, but most of it were the contracted actors and the extra sound engineers that were now useless post-production.

To say that SWTOR was a failure either shows that you don't know shit about the market, or you're just fanboying over GW2.

Also, everyone was saying that RIFT was an epic failure, yet the company behind it is making a shit ton of money, and the subs are very stable as of 2012, with many populated servers. The designers and the staff are far from being laid off, in fact, i can bet that many of them got pay increases.

Aion failed because it was basically a Korean MMO that tried to break into the NA/EU markets with a P2P model. You simply CAN'T do this shit with Korean MMOs, it's either F2P or don't even think about investing in it.

So it comes down to the facts and the most likely scenarios: GW2 will NOT beat WoW, but will not be a failure either. I'm sure it will be a very good game, but WoW is a phenomenon, the only thing that can actually beat it is the next gen MMO that's being worked by Blizzard.

WoW hit 12 million cap in 2010 and has been losing subscribers since then, never said how fast it was dying.
Blizzard lays off 600 employees
Bioware layoffs did hit SWTOR dev team.
People complain servers are always empty.
Never said SWTOR was a failure econimically, but to the players it was.
Tell me where I stated that GW2 will beat WoW? This game already has its solid fan-base since 2004-2005. Maybe GW2 won't beat WoW if you only look at it by the number of players, but will it be a better game? I wouldn't doubt it, and for that reason I'm confident that it can hurt WoW subscription base. GW2 doesn't even have a subscription.

1)WoW hit 12 million cap in 2010 and has been losing subscribers since then, never said how fast it was dying.
2) Blizzard lays off 600 employees
3) Bioware layoffs did hit SWTOR dev team.
4) People complain servers are always empty.
5) Never said SWTOR was a failure econimically, but to the players it was.
6) Tell me where I stated that GW2 will beat WoW? This game already has its solid fan-base since 2004-2005. Maybe GW2 won't beat WoW if you only look at it by the number of players, but will it be a better game? I wouldn't doubt it, and for that reason I'm confident that it can hurt WoW subscription base. GW2 doesn't even have a subscription.

1) That doesn't mean shit, just with Cataclysm's release in China a few months after it's release in US/NA markets, subs increased by 600k.

2) And ? Where's the correlation between Blizzard's internal lay offs and the present health of WoW ? The people that have been laid off could have been anyone from the accounting department, to the design team.

3) Sound artists, actors and marketing managers are part of the dev team.

4) Patch 1.3 in SWTOR merged all the servers from similar regions and game types regions together, making specific populated servers. Now there's a good 10 highly populated servers just in North America alone, no other new MMOs achieved this much so close to release. I'm not even counting European/SEA/Asian servers. The problem with empty servers was not due to a dead game, but by the fact that Bioware opened way too many servers at launch.

5) Fanboys say all sorts of shit about new MMOs, have you went to WoW forums ? People there bash ANY new MMO that comes out.
WoW's forum is basically made up of fat fucks who played the game since 2004 and had the time to level up 7-10 characters to max level.
So in order to validate their "achievement", they will talkshit and hate about pretty much any new rival MMO going into the market because they think that
if a new MMO is successful, it makes their 7-8 years of eating twinkies and doing PvE much less appealing.

6) You clearly stated that GW2 will do a lot of harm to WoW and i told you it will not. The success of games is not dependent to their quality but to the amount of sales they generate. If there's subscription, it's even better, GW2 did one, WoW did both.

1) That doesn't mean shit, 12 million will never be reached again, there'll be small bumps when expansions are released, how obvious that, but they'll still lose players overtime

2) If WoW was doing so good, why would they have to lay off 600 people

3) Tell me where in the world you have found which people of the dev team have been laid off

4) So there you admit that BioWare did overestimate how many players they would have.

5) 7-10 would be for casual players lulz. How about 15

6) We can argue as much as we want on that matter, but we'll see once the game is released. I fully agree on your point that the success is also dependant to the sales, but the success of a game can go from both sides and the fact is that you only look at it from the publisher's side, they'll be the ones happy by the sales and will not care about the quality of the game as long as dumb people buy it. But players who like quality games will be the ones who decide if a game is succesful from their point of view.

1) That doesn't mean shit, 12 million will never be reached again, there'll be small bumps when expansions are released, how obvious that, but they'll still lose players overtime

2) If WoW was doing so good, why would they have to lay off 600 people

3) Tell me where in the world you have found which people of the dev team have been laid off

4) So there you admit that BioWare did overestimate how many players they would have.

5) 7-10 would be for casual players lulz. How about 15

6) We can argue as much as we want on that matter, but we'll see once the game is released. I fully agree on your point that the success is also dependant to the sales, but the success of a game can go from both sides and the fact is that you only look at it from the publisher's side, they'll be the ones happy by the sales and will not care about the quality of the game as long as dumb people buy it. But players who like quality games will be the ones who decide if a game is succesful from their point of view.

1) Are you a financial analyst ? Do you work in the gaming industry ? Do you have special skills that allow you to predict how a game will be in 2-3 years ? I don't think so. All of it is pure opinion man.

2) Lay offs are not proportionnal to a game's success. You see this happen in every company, compressing their work force in order to make even more money.
It's not rocket science, if you want a shit ton of money, you'll basically lay off the extra workers you have that bring nothing to the company. It's more about corporate greed than the game's success, really.

3) Tell me where in the world you have found that the DEV team has been laid off ? As far as i know, the dev team consists of 20-30 persons at most. They are needed to work on patches (Which are released every few months or so) and for expansion packs (A new one coming in october). The 600 that have been laid off are in the management/Marketing teams, that's the only logic approach Blizzard should take in order to lay off people.

4) No, they opened too many servers because they had a shit load of complains about 30-40 mins queues in order to start playing. They opened extra servers for a more smooth release and realised it was a better idea to make servers with more people in it. It's not a question of subs, just a question of server technical issues. I was there at release, it was indeed HELL in order to start playing, BioWare knew that in order to avoid a rage quit fest, they would need to open more servers and correct the shot a few months later, which they did. For now, i can tell you that the population has increased since that 400k loss, servers are packed after the merge, and there's a lot of them. You can make an account and play the free trial to see for yourself.

5) What i meant is that most of what fanboys think is purely a matter of opinion. People on WoW forums will say that anything other than WoW is shit. People in SWTOR forums will say that everything else is shit. People in GW forums will say that everything else is shit.

6) Good point, but do not forget that a player's point of view is useless to the devs. Just look at CoD series for exemple, devs keep ejaculating the same shit over and over again, every year, yet the fans will swallow it no matter what. There's so many good suggestions to improve the game in the past cod's forums, yet the devs keep copy-pasting the same garbage everytime and still rack up a lot of sales.

1) Do you ? Same goes for you

2) Corporate greed can eventually hurt a game's success

3) was talking about SWTOR http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/23/layoffs-hit-star-wars-the-old-republic/

4) y they no make overflow servers

6) And that is the reason I stopped playing CoD after Black OPS, which was the last good CoD with MW1. It depends on who's the publisher and the developer

1) Not claiming anything, just going with logic.

2) Nope, i can pull out numerous exemples, such as BF3's recent bullshit weapon packs allowing the shittiest players to play with the best weapons in exchange of some money, the game is still one of the most successful FPS games of 2011.

3) So ? Since when shrinking the dev team means the game is suffering ? Remember that the game costs 120m to develop, therefore there must have been a shitload of people working on it. Now that the game is finished, they only need to maintain it, same happened with many other devs as soon as the final product hit the stores.

4) For now, the server issue is completely fixed, all the dead servers have been locked, leaving only highly populated ones accessible.

6) Well, as long as there's a huge community made up of kids in middle school, they won't have to worry about losing money lol.

1) Not claiming anything, just going with logic.

2) Nope, i can pull out numerous exemples, such as BF3's recent bullshit weapon packs allowing the shittiest players to play with the best weapons in exchange of some money, the game is still one of the most successful FPS games of 2011.

3) So ? Since when shrinking the dev team means the game is suffering ? Remember that the game costs 120m to develop, therefore there must have been a shitload of people working on it. Now that the game is finished, they only need to maintain it, same happened with many other devs as soon as the final product hit the stores.

4) For now, the server issue is completely fixed, all the dead servers have been locked, leaving only highly populated ones accessible.

6) Well, as long as there's a huge community made up of kids in middle school, they won't have to worry about losing money lol.

1) ok

2) Yep and it's ruining the purpose of the Battlefield series ( Good ole BF2)

3) It can go both ways

6) Lol, well said

PM guys or get a room?

I pre-ordered the basic version and will probably get items from the cash shop with the money saved.

problem cest hot key attack system a la wow.

jai jamais tripper sur wow a cause le combat est plat.

Last edited:
Back