Anyone here gaming with an nVidia Surround or AMD Eyefinity setup?

ToxicBug

I've had my triple 27" 2560x1440 screen landscape setup since New Year's, but I only finished building and setting up a worthy PC about a week ago. At this point I have a driver problem which prevents me from playing extremely demanding games like Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, and Metro 2033 in nVidia Surround, but I've been playing Dirt 3 and Dragon Age II and must say that the difference between single and triple screens is night and day. Gaming in Surround is just a totally different experience. It's A M A Z I N G. I used to be a skeptic myself, but now there's no going back for me. Although I really want to play some of the games I mentioned above and they work very well on a single screen, I'll definitely wait until the drivers are fixed. In fact, I tried playing them on one screen and it just feels wrong.

Some people will tell you that the bezels are distracting. To be honest, with bezel correction, I don't notice them while I'm gaming at all. So far I haven't tried any RTS or RTT games yet, but I'm downloading some from Steam right now. Will report back.

Anyone here feels the same way? What setup do you have?

Thanks!

I'm running a triple 1680x1050 setup on a single 5770. It's really great but i'm limited to older games until i upgrade my graphic card.

Do you have a real triple monitor stand or do you just put them on your desk?

I'm running a triple 1680x1050 setup on a single 5770. It's really great but i'm limited to older games until i upgrade my graphic card.

Do you have a real triple monitor stand or do you just put them on your desk?
They're just on my desk, the stands are height-adjustable.

Back