Need to upgrade pc, what to get?

chrispol

I've been out of the computer scene for a long time, going to get my son a motherboard/cpu/ram new setup for his birthday, spends all his time playing video games. what should i get him?

no idea what games he plays etc .. just keeps wining he needs a new video card, his current pc is about 5 years old.

So if someone has a recommendation on a motherboard/cpu and ram combo , nothing too insane either

Thanks

i5 2500("k" si ton kid veut overclocker) 8gig de ram, une mobo selon le budget/boîte etc pi une gtx 560Ti y va être content.. plus que ça c'est sûr c'est mieux mais avec ça y devrait être bon sans trop vider ton compte de banque lol

tu veux changer la boîte aussi? ajouter un ou des hdd? écran clavier souris tout est beau? c'est quoi la power supply actuelle, une bonne qu'on garde ou on en prends une neuve?(J'prendrais neuf mais ça dépends de ton budget) fans pour le cooling? heatsink pour le cpu aftermarket?

c'est l'temps de nous dévoiler ton budget :p

$467
budget.png

i5 2500("k" si ton kid veut overclocker) 8gig de ram, une mobo selon le budget/boîte etc pi une gtx 560Ti y va être content.. plus que ça c'est sûr c'est mieux mais avec ça y devrait être bon sans trop vider ton compte de banque lol

tu veux changer la boîte aussi? ajouter un ou des hdd? écran clavier souris tout est beau? c'est quoi la power supply actuelle, une bonne qu'on garde ou on en prends une neuve?(J'prendrais neuf mais ça dépends de ton budget) fans pour le cooling? heatsink pour le cpu aftermarket?

c'est l'temps de nous dévoiler ton budget :p

box should be fine, 450 watts standard pc case, hd + dvd are sata

Well sorry to hear your son is autistic ... That must be hard to live up too. The intel i5 2500 cpu has a nice onboard gpu that will be able to play most of the new games but maybe not on the highest graphic settings. If the computer is 6 yrs old the power supply won't be big enough for the new stuff which demand more energy. If you plan on using the onboard gpu I say grab a not so expensive 500 watt power supply, if you plan to get a gpu grab a 650w. Memory is cheap as fuck, get 2x4 gb of gddr3 memory. Nevermind the addition of fans and cooling stuff, its all useless in your case. A quick peak on newegg and mobo+cpu+ps+mem 500 shipped.

Well sorry to hear your son is autistic ... That must be hard to live up too. The intel i5 2500 cpu has a nice onboard gpu that will be able to play most of the new games but maybe not on the highest graphic settings. If the computer is 6 yrs old the power supply won't be big enough for the new stuff which demand more energy. If you plan on using the onboard gpu I say grab a not so expensive 500 watt power supply, if you plan to get a gpu grab a 650w. Memory is cheap as fuck, get 2x4 gb of gddr3 memory. Nevermind the addition of fans and cooling stuff, its all useless in your case. A quick peak on newegg and mobo+cpu+ps+mem 500 shipped.

650W ?? Tes fou ces bien trop a moin qu'il achete une 560ti et encore la...

go avec intel. Moi jai un i2100 3.1ghz avec une une carte graphique a 80$ et je peut jouer beaucoup de jeux a high sans problemme alors avec un i5 2500 i va etre bon un mechant bout

Back