Want to buy laptop - don't know shit about them

GhettoBusta

Legacy Member
I'm looking for a new laptop but I don't really know what I want and I was kind of hoping you guys could help me figure it out or show me some good deals that I might of missed.

Basically I want the laptop for internet and dumping all my old backups I have accumulated on external HDs, DVDs and USB keys. However, I will also want to game a little with this laptop. So I'm thinking of something with a fairly good processor, a good graphics card and big HD.

The slimer it is, the better... but I don't want to overpay just because it is slim. Oh and I DO NOT want an apple.

So basically, I want something fairly fast with a graphics card ranging between 500-800$

Thanks in advance !

Nothing particular in mind... I just want it to be able to run fairly new games at med-high. But I don't have a specific game in mind.

ASUS... yeah...
256gb SSD failed on me. M-Sata format.
That piece worth well over 500$

Brought it back to manufacturer. They replaced the whole motherboard in addition to the SSD ! that must have been expensive.
Also the RAM is soldered into the motherboard. Absolutely no way to upgrade the base 4gb.
I prefer the older / classic laptops with 2.5" SSD and SODIMM ram replaceable and upgradeable.

Asus have good laptops?? Wtf lol

Just go on dell . Its the perfect website for noobs.

Build, pay, enjoy.

I hated dell in the past but now they are the way to go.

For reference, i work in IT

like he said though, laptops for 500 to 800, forget gaming... any desktop for gaming is well over 1500... basic model for a year of use is 1000... laptops, always expect more!

and yeah, go to any reliable computer forum, asus uses quality products!

IMO
You shouldn't be getting a laptop for gaming. It will be much more expensive than an equivalent desktop computer and it will be worth 1/2 of what you paid 1 year from now. I.E. gaming laptops are the quickest waste of money ever. Also considering you can't upgrade it (radically)

Dell inspiron 15

Not for gaming but no over espensive...

I3 core - 6gb ram - 500gb hard drive with windows 7

paid mine for 460$ shipped at my door... best deal ive seen so far...

J'ai payé mon portable 343 dollars taxes incluses.

Core i3, 4 Gb de RAM et 300 Go de disque dur.

C'est la meilleure offre que tu peux avoir.

There is an asus for sale at best buy that seems like a good deal.

I7 8g ram, i think 750g hard drive for $700.

Sent from my SGH-T589R using Tapatalk 2

Back