Car is bogging at WOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSR

Legacy Member
Well today i was on the highway and i was with a friend, and he wanted to see some dsm power so i tried and show him. but there was a slight problem, when i floored my car it was bogging after 5000rpm the car got all weird on me, but if i don't floor it and give t gas slowly it won't do it. i just did a compression check and everything is ok, i have new spark plugs and all that. right now i'm think it's my transmission.
it's weird though because my boost was going from 14-10 followed with the car bogging. my turbo is new as well.
Right now i'm thinking this:1) it was cold outside -15
2) my tork converter is finished
any help would be nice :D

Do you have a first gen 1990-1994 talon with a first gen mass air flow?Because if you have that it seems that you have fuel cut(normal with cold weather).The 1gen mass have a small limit to calculate the air flow and when it reach is limits it tell the ecu to cut the fuel.

The density of the air is more important in the winter (cold weather) so the its normal that the mass fuel cut.

Solution: lower your boost to 10 psi and upgrade for a mass air flow 2nd gen 1995-1998 that can read a lot more higher.

Last edited:
i'm still running stock boost, it just that when it's cold out side it goes up to 14

i was thinkging it may also be a boost leak?

GSR said:
i'm still running stock boost, it just that when it's cold out side it goes up to 14

i was thinkging it may also be a boost leak?

For the peak boost at 14 , this is normal we call that boost creep its create by the cold weather too.

I really think of fuel cut due to cold weather and first gen maf...

enough gas??
on stock T25, i'm not able to run over 5700 RPM (not enough gas with the pump...) at 14 PSI
walbro pump??

Is it possible that I have fuel cut too cause of my MAF even if I got 14B at 15 or 17psi (depend of the day... don't know why I've got so much difficulty to set my HBC even if the temperature is the same! )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back