FS: 96 vr6 12v swap

alexTjoe

as tittle says selling the motor and trans thats in my mk2 jetta coupe.

runs strong.. daily driven during summer only by previous owner and now me since the beginning of summer. I drove this car back all the way from Sagnuay . took a little over 6 hours.. did 650km to a full tank (60L) and not a single issue. apart from a wiper coming loose on the highway lol but that is not engine related :p

zero issues expect for evap code.

got it with fresh oil change and just hit the 4000km interval that was set. putting fresh oil and filter next week.

always ran synthetic apparently. doesn't burn oil and coolant. I haven't had to adjust since i got it anyways, i check it almost every two weeks (im a mechanic)

so here are the details

-96 12v vr6 from a passat (japan)
-180-200k km
-c2 chip
-cone air filter (P-FLOW LE GROSSS)
-chains done at 140k km (no proof, its what i was told)
-full syntechic oil every 4k km
- no leaks anywhere (last i checked it on the lift was 4 weeks ago)
- exhaust replaced with (aftermarket oem replacement)
-tranny is top.. no grinds and goes in evey gear good (its cable shift set up so if you quick on the shifts sometimes they take a half second to go in)

swap includes

-motor
-5 speed tranny (with cables/ shifter box and clutch cable)
-ecu (c2 chip)
-wirring harness
-cluster (mph)(everything works perfect in cluster)

no subframe is included as i need it (its 4 bolt anyways)

pics of engine coming (its a clean swap and a clean motor no loose ends)

reason of sell: 1.8 20v BT going in this winter :)

CAR IS NOW IN STORAGE no plates or insurance so car cannot be driven

1200$ slight nego

Last edited:
bump going to storage sometime in november..so if you want to hear it run and go for a rip..lets gooo

-perfect for a winter project!! get rid of that 1.8 or 2.slow

as tittle says selling the motor and trans thats in my mk2 jetta coupe.

runs strong.. daily driven during summer only by previous owner and now me since the beginning of summer. I drove this car back all the way from Sagnuay . took a little over 6 hours.. did 650km to a full tank (60L) and not a single issue. apart from a wiper coming loose on the highway lol but that is not engine related :p

zero issues expect for evap code.

got it with fresh oil change and just hit the 4000km interval that was set. putting fresh oil and filter next week.

always ran synthetic apparently. doesn't burn oil and coolant. I haven't had to adjust since i got it anyways, i check it almost every two weeks (im a mechanic)

so here are the details

-96 12v vr6 from a passat (japan)
-180-200k km
-c2 chip
-cone air filter (P-FLOW LE GROSSS)
-chains done at 140k km (no proof, its what i was told)
-full syntechic oil every 4k km
- no leaks anywhere (last i checked it on the lift was 4 weeks ago)
- exhaust replaced with (aftermarket oem replacement)
-tranny is top.. no grinds and goes in evey gear good (its cable shift set up so if you quick on the shifts sometimes they take a half second to go in)

swap includes

-motor
-5 speed tranny (with cables/ shifter box and clutch cable)
-ecu (c2 chip)
-wirring harness
-cluster (mph)(everything works perfect in cluster)

no subframe is included as i need it (its 4 bolt anyways)

pics of engine coming (its a clean swap and a clean motor no loose ends)

reason of sell: 1.8 20v BT going in this winter :)

car is going into storage/operating room soon. so if test drive is wanted must be soon (test drive with only serious buyers and cash in hand)

1200$ slight nego

I know its an easy answer for alot of you but is it an obd 1 or 2? And will the engine be taken out this winter or spring time?

Back