Globe and Mail butt hurt over...

Ronin

Legacy Member
... the "historical inaccuracies" of Assassin Creed 3.

I guess if I was born in rural Ontario, maybe I'd have a grudge against life too. Even goes as far to QQ about the support the government gives to the company.

Don't worry Harper, next episode will maybe take place in 1840's Honk-Kong, another glorious time for the British crown...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/commentary/editorials/assassins-creed-iii-video-game-distorts-history/article5295618/

Assassin’s Creed III is an historical-action video game developed by Ubisoft Montreal in which players join the “continental army in a war for freedom.” The goal of this Canadian-developed game is to “hunt down the British redcoats.” Whose side is Ubisoft Montreal on, anyway?

Those who doubt the decision by the Canadian government to invest in the commemoration of the bicentennial of the War of 1812 should pause and think about the implications for a country that fails to teach its history and celebrate its story. As it happens, the Quebec and Canadian governments have given Ubisoft significant support.

Last edited:
Back