Running old games on new computers

AriGold

Hey guys, so right off the bat im a huge noob when it comes to computers. With that being said is there anyway to play old games on new computers. For example i own a 2011 macbook pro and given the "You nostalgia you lose" thread i now have the urge to play old games such as Age of Empires 2 on my laptop. Only problem is i have no idea if i can run such a game and if i can where could i purchase it/download it. So is there an emulator i have to get or can i just slap in the old games and it should work?? thanks

All old game are pretty much compatible, you can download it from a torrent and install it with deamontools or just buy it on steam for cheap. Some old online game have to be played using the debug mode but its pretty rare.

sent from my sgh- ahhh fck off ! please respond

I'd be surprised if you can't find some kind of Windows kernel emulator like dosbox for MAC, through which you could run your games.

Now, I know DOSBOX isn't a windows emulator, but it's an example because it works well and if a MAC emulator could emulate windows in command prompt mode, it'sd be worth checking out.

Back