good place for install

Status
Not open for further replies.

juice91

Legacy Member
i wanna get my amp and subs installed, where is a good place to go and how much should i pay about?

Why wouldn't you do it yourself?? An amp is quite straight forward to install. Need help let me know.

i just find it a pain in the ass.........i have to pass all the wires from the front of the car to the back

what kind of car do you have

i did it in my 91 civic. piece of cake, took less then 2 hours

passing wires isnt as big a pain as you would think

Most honda's have a hole in the firewall just for that, look on the passenger side. If you can't see it from the engine, then crawl under the dash inside the car, and you will see foam cut out to pass something thru. It's quite a big hole.

Get one of those DIY kits from Futureshop, that include cables fuses and all. Unless you are running more than 1000w, those kits are fine.

i used AutoSon for video install and Auto-Tel for my audio install....

they both did a nice clean install so I would recomend both those places!

good luck tho if you give the install a shot yourself!!! :bigup: its the ONLY way to learn....

PEACE

Originally posted by juice91
i just find it a pain in the ass.........i have to pass all the wires from the front of the car to the back
it's not a pain at all..the only difficult part could be piercing through the firewall, a fishwire can be very helpfull !!

make sure u run your RCA(signal) on the extreme opposite on your Power wire, or else you'll get distortion..run your remote down the middle or with the power, use same gauge GROUND as your power (or larger)

also important you install your fuse 12cm away from your battery-hope that help cuz it's not worth paying 200$ for an fun/easy job:bigup:

i used AutoSon for video install and Auto-Tel for my audio install....

how much do they charge????
can you give me address????

:)

Juice, it's not as hard as everyone makes it sound. The kit from Furute Shop like soyabean said, really is a good idea to pick up. It' would help us if you told us what it is that you want to put into your car. The best way to learn, in my opinion, is have someone that knows how to install, sit beside you and let YOU do all the wiring and running, and when you get stuck the'll show you where to pick up. That way you learn more about your car and if down the road if you have a problem, you'll know where to start looking. you'll know where every fuse, wire and splice is!! Good luck-and if you can't find anyone, drop me a buzz here, and I'll sit with you. :bigup:

Hey Juice i made it myself in my 91 civic , on my friends' 97 mustang and 97 Tercel on all three took less than 1hour and a half each. But if you really do't want to do it you can go to

Évolution Son et Images mobiles on curé labelle corner st martin in laval

good luck!!

We have pass 4 hours in my car to install my amps and my sub ! and it's not finish !

Why cause damn ford changed the colors of the speakers and can't find the right one ! and some others problem to install aaargh !

Gonna be find when i find the right wire ! :cry:

C'est comme ca que l'on apprend!!!
J'ai installer avec mon chum environ 15-16 systeme de son complet!!!
Les kit de chez future shop sont tres complet et bon il est inscirt en arriere comment fonctionner.
Ca nous prend a nous 2 pour un ampli+ un sub environ 45 minute a 1 heure!!
si tu veux on peux t'aider, tu viens chez nous et on te le fait pour 20$ (peut importe le temps que ca prend)! C'est le prix que l'on charge!
Je l'ai fait dans mon accord 93!

For the color of the wires,go to Ford and asked them to have a print of ther books about your car.
Xcuse my english is not perfect when I write it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back