Best ram .

TheGodZ

Corruption
So im planning at boxing day to get som ram for my rig ...

MOBO is M4A87TD EVO
CPU : Amd phenom ii X6 1100t Black
Ram Current : Corsair Vengance Black .

Im going for a 16 gig of ram since im stuck with 8 since my other 8 fucked up .

Im a bit sick with corsair they are hard to get stable at 1600 ... im stuck at 1333 ...

Any ideas ?

This is the Memory spec of the MB .

Memory 4 x DIMM, Max. 16 GB, DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel memory architecture
*DDR3 Memory Ultra Low Voltage support
**Due to OS limitation, when installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Install a 64-bit WindowsWindows® OS when you want to install 4GB or more memory on the motherboard.
***Due to CPU spec., AMD 100 and 200 series CPUs support up to DDR3 1066Mhz. With ASUS design, this motherboard can support up to DDR3 1333MHz
****Refer to www.asus.com or user manual for Memory QVL (Qualify Vendor List)

I was using kingston HyperX on my phenom x4, ran perfectly fine at 1600, but I don't think the IMC runs well with anything over that.

Now I'm using regular kingston kvr 1333 on it and it also runs fine, If you want I can try out my Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 1600 on my phenom to see if it's stable.

I'm looking for some DDR3 SO-DIMM. Last week I found a deal on 8 Gigs (single) but this week they're gone. Not in a rush but I'm looking around hoping it goes back down. Corsair and Crucial are usually very good.

I was using kingston HyperX on my phenom x4, ran perfectly fine at 1600, but I don't think the IMC runs well with anything over that.

Now I'm using regular kingston kvr 1333 on it and it also runs fine, If you want I can try out my Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 1600 on my phenom to see if it's stable.

Thing is not that , i guess lowering some higher ram at 1600 is fine ... My ram is supose to be some 1600 but aint stable so its runs at 1333... so i had a 8gig not good and now my ram aint stable at 1600 .. its sad :(

Kingston pour moi ! J'ai essayer 1 X OCZ et 1 X Corsair et les deux fois j'ai regretté... OCZ a ete DOA et les 2 remplacements suivants aussi. Le 3e kit marchait mais a lacher 6 mois plus tard.
Corsair m'a donné des BSOD sur 2 setups differents, j'ai fini par le jetter.

Pis c'etait pas les petites series cheaps, j'ai toujours lu sur les forums avant d'acheter et pris le meilleur d'apres les reviews.

Kingston pour moi ! J'ai essayer 1 X OCZ et 1 X Corsair et les deux fois j'ai regretté... OCZ a ete DOA et les 2 remplacements suivants aussi. Le 3e kit marchait mais a lacher 6 mois plus tard.
Corsair m'a donné des BSOD sur 2 setups differents, j'ai fini par le jetter.

Pis c'etait pas les petites series cheaps, j'ai toujours lu sur les forums avant d'acheter et pris le meilleur d'apres les reviews.

Exactement ce que CORSAIR me donne ... Des blue screen de marde en 1600 lol

Exactement ce que CORSAIR me donne ... Des blue screen de marde en 1600 lol

Have you set the timings and everything manually in the BIOS or are you letting it set itself by SPD?

And are you looking for so-dimms or regular dimms?

And about the OCZ comment, I've also had really bad luck with them, I bought a kit, was doa, bought another kit to replace it while I RMAd...was also DOA, then I got the RMA back from the first one...fucker was DOA as well, so now I have 2 sets of DOA OCZ ram, I was fuckin pissed, never buying from them again.

Have you set the timings and everything manually in the BIOS or are you letting it set itself by SPD?.

I tried both ways . either ways its not stable . lowering the voltage or giving it a bit more dosent work either . its sad .

dimms .

Kingston HyperX. cheap and I'd say it's the most reliable out there.

Don't spend too much on ram, the difference in performance with lower CAS latency or higher MHZ will not be noticable.

Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 16GB 2X8GB DDR3-1600 CL10 DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit

a 60$ c'est un excellent deal ! Des Dimms de 4 Gb c'est dépassé pis ca prend toute la place pour rien.

Back