PC Upgrade

20InchChrome

So I have this old PC (between 5-10 years old) at home that needs to be updated. I'm not looking to upgrade to something top notch/high performance, the PC is mainly used to surf the internet/use microsoft word/ etc basic activities. It wont be used for heavy gaming but a im looking for an average to decent card, if too costly then a integrated chipset will do. I just want it to be quicker and to be able to last me into the future as a secondary and reliable PC.

What I was thinking was to basically update the following:

processor
motherboard
ram (memory)
video card

I have the case, the hard drive and a CD drive and all the other stuff that comes with a basic PC.

My questions are the following;

Do I need to change anything else? I'm worried that the new parts will not work with the old stuff on the computer like the power supply/fan and everything else that will be connected to the motherboard.

Also what parts do you guys recommend and what online retailers are the best to buy from? I'm looking for a cheap upgrade something that won't forc me to go out and buy a new PC.

Any help will be a appreciated. I'm a noob at computers.

Make sure your ODD is SATA since most newer motherboards does not have any PATA connectors. If your PSU is over 300 watts you should be fine with it. Tiger Direct have good little kits for 200-250$ with the casing so I guess that you can end up with something decent under 200$ shipped.

J'ai un kit amd phenom ii x2 dual core cpu unlocked, 3.4ghz
4gb de ram G skills
Carte mère am3 asus

À 100$ pour le kit .. Tu peux pas trouver mieux que sa et c'est un méchant bon setup ! Je peux meme t'aider à tous installer et configurer ton ordi.

Il te manquerais juste une carte graphique j'en ai vu plein sur kijiji à 150$. Sa te ferais un kit à 250$ pas mal meilleur que les kits poche déjà tout fais. Si tu as besoin d'un case j'ai un haf922 à vendre aussi. J'ai un power supply antec 650w.

Sa dépend de ton budget. À 250$ j'te donne la carte mère, la ram, le cpu, le power supply neuf dans la boite et le case. Trouve toi une carte graphique et je viens tout t'installer sa et configurer.

A+

J'ai un kit amd phenom ii x2 dual core cpu unlocked, 3.4ghz
4gb de ram G skills
Carte mère am3 asus

À 100$ pour le kit .. Tu peux pas trouver mieux que sa et c'est un méchant bon setup ! Je peux meme t'aider à tous installer et configurer ton ordi.

Il te manquerais juste une carte graphique j'en ai vu plein sur kijiji à 150$. Sa te ferais un kit à 250$ pas mal meilleur que les kits poche déjà tout fais. Si tu as besoin d'un case j'ai un haf922 à vendre aussi. J'ai un power supply antec 650w.

Sa dépend de ton budget. À 250$ j'te donne la carte mère, la ram, le cpu, le power supply neuf dans la boite et le case. Trouve toi une carte graphique et je viens tout t'installer sa et configurer.

A+

Merci pour l'offre mais finalement on a decidé de garde notre vieil ordinateur.

Back