2005 nissan xtrail heater blower electrical problems

cdndna

So my friend calls me up on sunday saying his heater stop working its -20 can u come check my car.After checking a few things i find out the fan switch,heater blower resister are all burned up.I removed the resistor box and jumped the 2 large wires fused with a 15amp fuse to make the blower run at max.Now iv made a jumper with a fuse holder i got from canadian tire and jumped the switch and now everything works.20 min later the fuse blew so i put a 20amp one in but checked the amperage at the connector and it never goes over 18A.Now what i am affraid of is the wiring getting hot and burning up some more and made me think that maybe the blower motor is drawing too much amperage and causing the fuse to blow.I checked on google and there is many problems with the switches and the resistor box im just worried i dont want to do damage to the car.I dont want to make him buy the switch,the resistor box,and find out the blower motor draws too much amperage and burns everything.Anyone from nissan seen this ?

Back