Drop suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jonny Lahiere

Hi guys , i droped suspension on my integra 91 ( i mean only coils ) and i got my bushings and also cardans who are completly finished , i was wondering if it was cause of the drop , if yes can i get any advice on to fix that.

Thanks

Jonny

It's probably right to assume that it's because of the drop, that your bushings were finished. Don't take my word on it because I can't say for sure. I'll let someone who is a little more knowledgeable on this subject answer. I wouldn't want to give false info.

Your bushing's are finished mostly because of the age of your car and most probably mileage too,as for the cardans or CV's it's posible that the lowering of your suspension is partly to blame but age ,mileage and driving habits have alot to do with that!

Hey SlammedSi. You seem to know your stuff. Are you a mechanic or something?

What's up Danny , I am not a mechanic as a profession but I have been working on cars and for friends who have garages
for long time I do stuff at home to like suspenion, brakes, tune ups and car audio install's.
Gary

lowering your car causes your axles to be at an angle they were not designed to be at for an extended period of time, the lower you are the quicker your CV joints will wear. However, the problem is not severe enough to cause worry or even be that noticeable, since as others have mentioned, many other factors come into play with CV joints. If you wish to eliminate that problem then drop forks should be used, however their price is prohibative...and with quebec roads....the last thing you want is to scrape suspension components.

bushings

if you ever change your bushings for the urethane ones, then go to a shop that as already done this cuz it's a @#%$ pain in the ass

Re: bushings

tell you a little story about those poly bushing...a while ago a customer came to buy a whole set of those ( Acura's and Honda's have such a humongous amount of bushings!) and he ask us for a quote on labor it was something like 6-8 hours, anyway, he thought it was outrageous (3-400$) he then proceed to go to his "favorite" petro canada mechanics... he came out with a bill of 1200$, the cars stayed there foe a week, and the garage had damaged 4 bushing ( read destroyed) that we had tolater replace.... just make sure you can trust the people you let work on your baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back