Just ordered a 50 inch HDTV, which PS3 game to buy next?!

bassACE

Legacy Member
I'm debating between Far Cry 3 and Bioshock Infinite, on the PS3 of course.

Which would you choose? So far, I'm leaning towards Far Cry. I always prefer realism to fantasy environments, though that Bioshock has intrigued me enough to consider it, I don't know if I'm ready to spend 60$ on something I may not like.

I'm watching gameplay vids of both, and it seems that Far Cry has a huge skyrim-y environment with great fighting and purty graphics, and Bioshock is essentially a movie unfolding and I possibly need to have prior knowledge of the other Bioshocks to fully understand it.

Last edited:
Get ready for burns on the screen. After the guy at BEst Buy assuring me modern plasma doesn't burn it still happens...

I can't play anything for more than 3 hours or else I'll see outlines for a while where ammo/lap timer/whatever is.

Get ready for burns on the screen. After the guy at BEst Buy assuring me modern plasma doesn't burn it still happens...

I can't play anything for more than 3 hours or else I'll see outlines for a while where ammo/lap timer/whatever is.

i have a plama 50'' panasonic and i have an option called ''remanescence image'' or someting like that wich is a bar going left right up down in the screen for about 10-15min. that remove any sign of burn in on my tv. runned it only once since i bought it 2 years ago and no burn in

Unfortunately plasma are usualy better at reducing input lag which was a NIGHTMARE for me to find a tv with low input lag recently. Most lcd/led tvs have high input lag which really shows when you have a pointer like the Wii uses. My 55'' toshiba tv had a delay of at least 1/3 of a sec it was UNPLAYABLE on 99% of the games, I had to change it on the warranty (even tho it was not a defect).

Back