Building a computer ( need help )

Rain

Hi guys,

Probably not the best place to ask my question but I'll give it a try. I just bought some parts to upragde my pc today, Mobo/CPU/Ram Mobo and CPU are z77a g45 and cpu is i5 3470. Now the issue is when the computer boot up, it get me to the screen where it says "BOOTMGS" is missing Press CTRL +ALT+DEL To restart. HD is probably damaged. I've tried to boot with my dvd rom first but the thing is, I had an IDE adapter with this DVD ROM, theres nothing to connect it with the mobo( may need a new dvd rom). Any other ideas? Thanks.

Well if you're running that kind of hardware after your update, it be a great idea to buy a sata dvd drive. It's about $20 at canada computers. Do not pay more than $20, it is not worth it. Liteon, LG, asus and samsung are usually around those prices, all of them are the same quality. IDE to sata could be problematic sometimes and for $20, it's worth the investment.

If you have an old pc that is still in one piece, you could always download an .ISO of what ever version of windows you want to run and install it on a USB stick. You could install your OS from that usb stick instead of using a dvd drive.

Well if you're running that kind of hardware after your update, it be a great idea to buy a sata dvd drive. It's about $20 at canada computers. Do not pay more than $20, it is not worth it. Liteon, LG, asus and samsung are usually around those prices, all of them are the same quality. IDE to sata could be problematic sometimes and for $20, it's worth the investment.

If you have an old pc that is still in one piece, you could always download an .ISO of what ever version of windows you want to run and install it on a USB stick. You could install your OS from that usb stick instead of using a dvd drive.

I actually bought my parts at Canada computer, was planning to go back there tomorrow to buy that sata dvd drive. I have win.7 on a DVD already, so hopefully it should be fine after. My last upgrade was almost 4 years ago. I wasn't aware that new mobo doesn't have.Ide port anymore. Thanks for the help tough.

DaT SeXy s3

Back