Fast PC but no gaming?

ticul

I am looking for a new PC. I want something really fast and quiet but I don't do gaming, mostly internet while downloading stuff, maybe some photoshop.

I may be interested to try to build the PC myself but I have never done it and I'm not shure its worth it for tbis kind of computers.

What are the important componants for this kind of PC? Ram, ssd, cpu ???

You don't need a powerful PC if you don't plan on gaming. You won't see any difference whether you have a powerful system or not if you only browse the internet and download stuff. Unless it's a really shitty computer of course.

Just make sure to get a decent cpu and enough ram and you're good to go.

Any cheap low end computer at the store will do the job. You won't really save much money by building one yourself and it's going to be much less of a hazzle to just buy one since you've never built one before.

like said below,

maby add an SSD (around 50$ and install windows and your main prog on it), will definitly increase speed!

Check if you do multi-tasking - if yes - go with a intel I5 or Amd A8

If you plan on doing some photoshop you'll need more than just a web browsing PC.

if you want it to be super fast your 1st priority is an SSD. Get an I5 and minimum 8gigs of ram.

16 gigs of ram, photoshop can chew through a ton of ram in no time. I have 8 and wish i had 16 when p'shoping.

Damn, i didn't know photoshop was that hard on the ram. It's a fuckin image editing program, how can it be so demanding?

But I checked the system requirements and your absolutely right. 8 gig is the absolute minimum, but 12 or 16 gigs is recommended. dangg

Back