Vg30de In A S14 (240sx)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B15SENTRA

Anyone know if someone has wrote about this type of swap. Just wanna have an Idea of what i'm getting myself into before I go ahead.

Pros & Cons are welcome, plz refrain from 2 bit comments.

Thx

It does not make sense....it's easier to put a RB26DETT than this engine, cause the RB is inline 6, the VG is allready hard to work on in a wide car like the 300ZX...so imagine in a 240SX...

And on top of this, the VG30DETT is not as strong as the RB26DETT (compare stock to stock)

How much $$$ do you have to spend, if you have less than 12 500$ forget the VG30DETT...and forget the RB26DETT.

get an rb26dett or rb25
VG has been done in an S13. I know someone in florida running a Z31 tt motor. its cool but not worth it

The stock VG motor can handle 700whp which the RB can't. The RB just has more potential with the aftermarkert parts. The rods and pistons are much stronger on the VG engibe but the RB has solid lifters and the VG doesn't.

S14 Drift! said:
It does not make sense....it's easier to put a RB26DETT than this engine, cause the RB is inline 6, the VG is allready hard to work on in a wide car like the 300ZX...so imagine in a 240SX...

And on top of this, the VG30DETT is not as strong as the RB26DETT (compare stock to stock)

How much $$$ do you have to spend, if you have less than 12 500$ forget the VG30DETT...and forget the RB26DETT.

B15SENTRA said:
Anyone know if someone has wrote about this type of swap. Just wanna have an Idea of what i'm getting myself into before I go ahead.

Pros & Cons are welcome, plz refrain from 2 bit comments.

Thx

Just 2 words for ya...GOOD LUCK!!!!! :bigup:

TwinTurboPete said:
The stock VG motor can handle 700whp which the RB can't. The RB just has more potential with the aftermarkert parts. The rods and pistons are much stronger on the VG engibe but the RB has solid lifters and the VG doesn't.

There is some people that have push as much power on RB (700WHP) but the safe power is ~ 650HP...

I have not seen that many powerfull 300ZX except yours and the one that had 700WHP on stock internal.

But so many RB in the 800HP

RB motoring says the stock block is good for 500hp. As for fast Z's, here are some http://store.yahoo.com/sgpracing-store/ulstreetcarc.html , http://z32racing.50megs.com/Z/_drag_lists/drag_lists.htmlThere is a shitload of others. I would rather have a 3.0 liter. RB's are nice though :)
S14 Drift! said:
There is some people that have push as much power on RB (700WHP) but the safe power is ~ 650HP...

I have not seen that many powerfull 300ZX except yours and the one that had 700WHP on stock internal.

But so many RB in the 800HP

TwinTurboPete said:
RB motoring says the stock block is good for 500hp. :)

Last I spoke to RB motoring (for my timming belt), they said that they had plenty of customer pushing ~ 650 HP without any problem! Some pushing 610RWHP with NOS and HKS GT2530 turbo.....

The RB25DET is rated at 500HP ...not the RB26DETT

I guess you know nothing about the RB26DETT...stick with your VG ;)

Blow me :thefinger

PS: Did you finish my car?

S14 Drift! said:
Last I spoke to RB motoring (for my timming belt), they said that they had plenty of customer pushing ~ 650 HP without any problem! Some pushing 610RWHP with NOS and HKS GT2530 turbo.....

The RB25DET is rated at 500HP ...not the RB26DETT

I guess you know nothing about the RB26DETT...stick with your VG ;)

How much would cost a RB26DETT swap in a S14, let's say everything included (gas pump, injectors, etc etc)...

and everytime I think about it I'm amazed, a 2,6liter L6 developping 650 rwhp...WOW :eek:

Thanks for the info!!

Liquid Snake said:
How much would cost a RB26DETT swap in a S14, let's say everything included (gas pump, injectors, etc etc)...

and everytime I think about it I'm amazed, a 2,6liter L6 developping 650 rwhp...WOW :eek:

Thanks for the info!!

We are currently working on my swap, picture can be found here : http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=357110 (on the page 2)

357110_29_full.jpg

If you want to do 500HP @ the Crank, then you can do it with a fuel pump upgrade + injectors upgrade + exhaust upgrade + ECU upgrade + MAF upgrade 2 X 300ZX MAF + GTR Intercooler (or bigger) + clutch upgrade (twin plate recommended ) + custom drive shaft + boost controler Electronic + gauge +.......

Let say at least 17 000$ or more for this swap with these upgrade ...

Weird, what on the right of the engine it looks like an intake but the intake is on the left and is black ... Is it a single outlet manifold?

Never mind after looking at pics of a red trop rb26 I found its one of turbo pipes.

Tell me how did you get around the steering/manifold problem?

Vspec said:
Never mind after looking at pics of a red trop rb26 I found its one of turbo pipes.

Tell me how did you get around the steering/manifold problem?

That big pipe 3" get the air from both turbo and then it goes in the intercooler...

The steering column in close (look in the cardomain pic) but it clear (we will modify the oil outlet of the back turbo to have more clearance.

We keep the stock manifold, but made a new dump pipe for the front turbo + a new down pipe, look at the pic on Cardomain (page 2)

Thanks for the info S14 Drift, it's cheaper than I expected, but I guess you did'nt include "time cost" (sorry for the expression). Ho and by the way, clean ride, i just love it and I love your project too. I can't wait to see the results!

:bigup: :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back