Need input/knowledge for fluorescent lighting in garage.

JoeyV

I'm looking to update/improve my lighting in my garage/shop. I was thinking about simply replacing my current T8 ballast with chrome/reflective backing ones. I have gone to Home Depot and Reno, but neither of them carry these. Can anyone point me in a direction to find these at a reasonable price (less than $50 per ballast) or suggest other options? (I am considering LED, but they are expensive)

For the moment, I have 5 x 4' dual T8 ballast with T8 tubes. I am going to take 1 and send it in my unlit corridor (unseen, to the right of the picture), and the other 4 are going to be rearranged (to the red areas) so I get better lighting on the sides of cars. The new units will be were the lights are mounted at the moment:

11110881_10152891331931674_3508089202912946176_n.jpg

I think those flat led lighting is ideal but man are they expensive unless you get them straight from china.

Yeah. I looked into the 24" x 48" LED panels, but at $179+tax each, they are not really in my budget considering my current set-up is 5 x $22 + the tubes.

EDIT - I also found these

http://www.hydrowholesale.com/viavolt-viavolt-t5-ho-fluorescent-fixture-4-4-lamp-5495

They aren't too expensive considering they are 4 bulb set-ups, and come with T5 tubes. However, they are more expensive when it comes time to replace. At that point, I'm falling into LED price territory again.

Last edited:
je pense bien que juste les mettre sur le côté ferait 100% de la job que tu recherche.
8 set de fluo dans un garage de quoi: 10x20?

j'ai 4 ampoule 100w(equivalent) fluo dans mon 22x26. j'en manque ...mais 8 fluo de 4' serait presque trop..ahaha.

Alors apres m'avoir tanner de faire des recherche depuis 2 moi qui arrivait a rien, j'ai decider "d'innover" hier. J'ai fini par acheter ceci x 3:

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/4-ft-t8-4l-32w-grid-shop-light/825098
16175.729573_4.jpg

Mais puisqu'il n'avait pas de fond chromer ou qui reflectait, j'ai aussi acheter 3 feuille de "tole" pour ducting, que j'ai former et visser dans le fond des unite. Ca eclaire en SVP avec 4 neon t8 Natural Daylight. J'ai aussi acheter assez de neon pour remplacer mes T12 que j'ai en ce moment. Je m'en vais chercher mon fillage ainsi que 3 boite/prise aujourd'hui et demain j'ai "mon electricien" qui vien poser ca. Je vais mettre des photos du resultat final apres. Mais pour le moment, voici ce que j'ai "patenter" hier.

11426177_10152895110276674_3084101025483511530_o.jpg

Garder en tete que la c'etais la seul source de lumiere pour la photo et que ca ete prit avec mon telephone. Les photos final vont etre prit avec une camera qui a de l'allure.

Also thinking about adding a track that goes 3/4 around the car with an adjustable LED light panel. Gonna have to be inventive for this one. lol

Also thinking about adding a track that goes 3/4 around the car with an adjustable LED light panel. Gonna have to be inventive for this one. lol

IKEA has decent cheap led solutions... Like not expensive... Can last a few years or months depending of your usage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back