Long distance movers help!

RMachucaA

Planning a long distance move, every single moving company that does long distance has bad reviews on yelp, any personal reviews or recommendations?

used nordtrans for my small distance moving and I have been very satisfied. it was the third company I hired in 5 years and they were by far the best of them all.

they have a big part of their business which is long distance (across canada).

good luck!

And? where they on time? Lost stuff? broken items? Cost?

So far I'm leaning towards using "pods", but its going to cost 7k$, its a bit steep imho.

How far are you going? 7K is a lot!! I would rent a truck, hire a local company to fill the truck, drive where you have to go and hire another local company to bring your stuff into your new place.

Maybe save a few 1000$

How far are you going? 7K is a lot!! I would rent a truck, hire a local company to fill the truck, drive where you have to go and hire another local company to bring your stuff into your new place.

Maybe save a few 1000$

Would cost the same. Trucks do about 30-40L/100km, and also cost a lot to rent. Uhaul is one of the only company that does one way rentals nation wide, and it's not uncommon for long trips to cost 3000-5000$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhaul quote was 4500$, and I'd be doing all the driving (4-5 days)+gas+motels, no thanks. But thanks for the suggestion though, need to book something within the next week.

Unless you have higher end stuff, isn't it cheaper to just sell your things and buy again there?

At this point im strongly considering that ^. Will still need to move certain things that we cant sell, which might bring the price down significantly i hope as we'd be getting am 8' pod instead of a 16 footer.

And? where they on time? Lost stuff? broken items? Cost?

So far I'm leaning towards using "pods", but its going to cost 7k$, its a bit steep imho.
No clue on cost. Company was paying.

They were a little late as they needed to get a driver that had stuff to bring back and I did not have a full load.

Otherwise very good. They even took my motorcycle in the truck just as regular furniture hehe

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Seattle-Washington.

Really want to simply get rid of everything and buy new there, but wifey is so attached to a lot of the furniture.... she's going to be far away from her family, so if I can make our new place feel more familiar it'll be better for her.... so I'm stuck with a ton of furniture for a good reason.

Back