Question crépi de fondation

goshko

Voilà... j'ai décider de refaire une partie du crépi de ma fondation moi même la semaine dernière ...

Tout semblait OK jusqu'à temps que j'regarde la job ce matin après les grosses pluie d'hier ...

J'ai deux parties du crépi qui sont vraiment humide ... Est-ce que ca peut être dû à une faute d'application ou ces ma maison qui n'évacue pas l'eau correctement ?

Il me semble que je n'avait pas ce problème là avant que je fasse la job de crépi... quoique je n'y portait pas vraiment attention avant ça.

Merci,

The colors will never match. And if it still seems humid chances are it will flake off when freezing temperatures hit

i know the colors will never match but i am going to paint over it ... I am just wondering why parts are staying humid ... it will end up cracking for sure during the winter and that's not good.

Did you wash the foundation and wait for it to dry before applying the crepis? I'm not an expert of crepi but know a little about it, as I work with concrete everyday

Well we removed the old crepi, washed off the residues with hose water and kept the foundation humid while applying the new crepi.

I might be wrong but the Fondation needs to be bone dry when applying. There are also a lot of different crepi brands. I keep hearing about king products. Most probably not found at big box stores but geroquip in laval

Also when applying crepis, the surface can't be slick or it will never grab. It needs to be rough, sometimes they pass a grinder with steel wheel to rougher up the concrete so it grabs

I might be wrong but the Fondation needs to be bone dry when applying. There are also a lot of different crepi brands. I keep hearing about king products. Most probably not found at big box stores but geroquip in laval

Also when applying crepis, the surface can't be slick or it will never grab. It needs to be rough, sometimes they pass a grinder with steel wheel to rougher up the concrete so it grabs

From what I read the crepi needs to be applied on a humid surface and I made sure the surface was rough before applying.

I just read right now that the crepi HAS to be kept humid for a few hours after being applied for it to adhere completely to the foundation which I did not do ... so maybe that's the problem. ANyway, i'll wait a couple of days to see if it happens again.

Back