Quick little question.... a good answer needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-spec

Here is the deal, I have a 93 civic Hatch. I bought a Kenwood Deck that playes MP3's and such. It is 4x45wats RMS and 22wats x 4 nominal. I have 2 x 6.5 inch Rocsford Fosgate 2 way speackers that are 100 wats RMS. My system crackeles at low volumes, like about 18~21 on the volume meter, i don't know the max number for the volume cause i can't turn it up that loud.

Should it crackly at that volume do to under powering or is it my wiring or CD player that is garbage. I did make all the conections perfectly, i'm thinking that it could be a bad lead in the car somewhere.

Sould i get a 2 channle amp to fix this? or should this setup work?

Thank YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.

You shouldn't have any problems. Are the speakers new? It might be a bad ground.

PS, this is the "For Sale" section, you might wanna post in the other forum to get answers.

crackle is from a bad ground with the HU. Although you'll never get clean sound out of those speakers while tey are running off the HU. There won't be enough power to push the motor in the woofer. Also with only that much power the woofer will be trying to take most of that power as it demands it, and your tweeters will roll-off pretty fast causing some pretty 'dirty' sounding highs! (around 5k+ Hz)

one of you speakers wires or the speaker magnet itself is touching metal, i see that kind of problem all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back