info on exhausts

Status
Not open for further replies.

98jettagt

I am new to the forum and need advice. Does REMUS make an exhaust for a jetta III and if so how much does it cost???????? I know that NEUPEED has one? Which do you guys recommend?

I would recommend a cat-back exhaust. Meaning it goes from the catalyser all the way to the muffler. As to what type or brand, I don't have that much experience with the types.

I've always had custom exhausts! You could go to Federal and have them build you a nice 2.1/4 exhaust...and bring your own tips!

I've heard that remus is really good! But TT would be my choice.

I had good experience with EuroSport exhaust.
Why don't you buy the one for Jetta III that is in liquidation at RMR. Under 400$ ;)

Eurosports rust apperently.....and TT doesn't make mufflers, only piping with resonators and then they give you the option of going with a Borla or Dynomax muffler I believe.

All I know is that one of the best made and sound quality mufflers out there would be a Scorpion. But they tend to be a bit pricey...

Federal with charge you around 125-150$ for 2 1/4 from the Cat to the back. I've had 4 cars done there, and that's always been my price.

A Eurosport Jetta III system (3 year warranty) is on sale for $395. The Neuspeed's are all sold!

I had an Eurosport on my GTI and I run the car during the winter and no rust. It wasn't SS....not that bad. What a sound...the headers help a bit in that way too.

The muffler will last 4 years (on average from what I have seen). The rest of the system is good for a LLOOOOGGGG time. We have them in stock, give us a ring.

Matt

I run the ES on my rabbit. I can say nothing but good things. You may think this is BS, but before I had the exhaust system I ran 17.3 in the quarter. After I installed it I ran 16.9 consistently. WOW, isn't my car FAST?!?!:)

I believe that the piping is galvanized/aluminized, so rust should really be a problem.

slickchick220...
What's the adress of youre "federal" guy? or maybe you have is phone number? Is any "universal" muffler fit really any cars? I have a Audi 5000 turbo quattro now and nothing is really similar to any car I've seen...

Surprise Surprise..it was on the shops page! I guess there is more than just forums to montrealracing.com!

Federal Mufflers
Muffler installation and modification, cars, trucks, industrial
2302 52e Avenue (coin Cote de Liesse) Lachine, Quebec H8T 2Y3
Te: (514) 631-1988 Fax: (514) 631-3277

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back