Attn: MontrealM3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, don't plan to modify it much. There is still no supercharger available from the big tuners (DINAN will bring something out eventually).

The problem the new M3 has with forced induction is that it already has high compression. This is the same problem with Honda cars that make all there horsepower up top.. You could add the FI however any serious addition would required lowering the compression to ensure proper engine longevity.

I am strongly considering getting an Eisermmann exhaust but it's a little expensive (1100$ US + taxes/duty/etc).. This is just for the EXHAUST.. Not a cat-back!

As for my comments so far about the car, coming from the Honda S2000 it's a different world.

Likes: Engine, luxury interior (anything compared to S2000 is luxury), BRAKES!, suspension, I can sit 2 more passengers!

Dislikes: a little heavy for the track (but great for normal driving), shifter is too long (s2000 has one of the shortest in the world)... shifter 'clunks' a bit.. the overall 'look' of the car is not aggressive enough for my taste.. you have to be a connaisseur to realize the bulging flares, the bulging hood, 18" wheels, etc.. The S2000 drew a LOT! of attention.

Let me tell you it's one fast car. It's incredible how this car will go from 100-250 km/h .. This car is really a 'highway car' and it still does 13 flat in the quarter!

All in all I am very, very happy with my purchase and I strongly recommend looking at an M3 for your next purchase. I think it's one of the best buys right now for a fast 4 seater. However, I never tried the new AMG C32 Mercedes.

Rob
2002 Carbon Black M3

Rob, you made a good choice with the M3. The benz isn't a sports car at all. Not even close, just a fast big sedan.

The M3 is much more of a sports car...

When we hooking up duude? :) I can race u backwards if you like. ;)

Sweet car.:)

It will probably be my next purchase but I will wait till I'm 25 because the insurance companies are affraid of the M.

hey Rob, are you the guy I met at Ste-Eustache when you had your S2000 (with te37 wheels)? I had a bright red 325ci in the time...

Ed

Hi

yup that's me. some bastard stole my te-37s... sold the s2000..

Yes I remember, you had a brand new 325ci

I remember telling you to take off DSC to go faster around the track!!

You picked up an M3! Congrats, why did you trade? Once you took your car on the track I guess you said to yourself that the 325 just wasn't fast enough!

How do you like it?

Yup, you're right! M3 is much more fun on the track. Especially without the ASC! First time I went to St-Eustache with it, I spun in the chicane! Much more torque than the 325ci!

How did the thieves stole your wheels? Don't you have wheel locks?

Ed

m3...

Doesn't that car go for like 90K(taxes included with a good package). I think it does but I'm not quite sure.. All that I know is that it's a very good looking car! Hope to see one soon:)

Nick(Rx-7 '79)

parle pas de prix en cas que bmw318I vois ca.........!!!!!
:D jk bmw318I ... moiaussi jy ai demander combien ca coutait une m3 pis c apeupres 80k.......
:eek: !!!!

nice car you have

AMG benz are quite amazing too

havent tried the C32 but i did drive a few times a CLK 55 AMG and let me tell you it pulls hard, the sound is amazing

and it's convertible :) kinda hard to beat, and it also has an amazing load of torque

Very Nice Car Rob:bigup:
You made a great choice
My gf's dad has the titanium silver M3 convertible
its such a great car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back