5000CS question

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tek121

Planning on bying one of these...
Is there something to do with that car?
Is there a place that know what to do with that type of car?
Is the original part for that is expensive?

thankyou...

Sweet car :)

My mom drives an 1988 5000 CD wagon (i think that CS was for US cars... CD was on the Canadian ones).

It was one of 25 special edition cars made for the Calgary Olympics. Tornado red, Alcantara interior (very similar to the new S8...), the ultra cool 5cyl turbo. It has over 300,000kms and is still used as her daily driver. She absolutely adores her car :D

It is rather costly to maintain, she gets all the maintenance done at the dealership were we bought the car, Mark Motors in Ottawa, Porsche/Audi dealer. If your really interested I could find out some specifics. I know the things that tend to fail are all the fancy electronics and extras like heated seats.

I still think that 5cyl is one of the sweetest sounding engines out there.

It's the same, but not wagon it's the Calgary Olympic edition! And it's a Quattro Turbo!
If you can tell me what to check I'm going tomorrow after souper...If you can tell me some int, I would apreciate it.
Thankyou...

You lucky SOB!! :D

I talked to my Mom 'bout it, she says the thing that tends to break the most is all the sensors. The steering rack was also done on it, probably due to being driven over bumpy dirt roads it's entire life :( Other luxury items like the heated seats can be problematic. The passenger side seat heater broke 8 years ago and we never got it fixed because it would have cost so much.

The engine, transmission and the turbo are still going strong after 326000km. We got the car new in '88 so I'm not quite sure what you should look for buying a used one... but I can get you a more detailed breakdown of the maintenance history of our car if you'd like.

I know that the Calgary Olympic edition is different for other models of the same year and many of the parts will cost extra because they were only used on those cars.

I'll see what else I can find out before tomorrow.

If you have any specific questions after you see it let me know and i'll see if I can get an answer for yah.

They are excellent cars with lots of potential in the motor. 300hp is pretty easy to get.
The electronics is a weak point in the earlier VW/Audi cars. Other than that it should run a long time. Make sure the turbo is still good and as long as you let it cool down properly and use good oil...good to go.

They all have pressure gauge in those model?!?!
What kind of number should I get with the original turbo?
(what PSI should I have to know if the turbo still push enough?)

Do you sell any part at RMR for that kind of AUDI?
I will want to lower it(suspension part)
Universal exhaust wil fit on that?
and of course with a turbo I will need a little blowof valve!
just 'cause I like the sound of it!?!?!

Is there a good way to know if the 2 differantials are working properly?(just keep in mind that I'm not a mecanic!)
Sorry for all the question in the same time!

Yer gonna have to take it to a mechanic and have it checked out. My brother used to have a 1990 Coupe Quattro 20v and he had a VERY hard time finding stuff for that car. The exhaust system he had was custom built 'cause the only one that he could get around here was Scorpion($$$$) He went to the local tuners and was told that the only Audi they could get stuff for was the A4, which is understandable 'cause the older Audis arent very popular here. Be prepared to use mailorder and the internet to get all yer go fast goodies. Tek, how much do you wanna spend on a car anyways?(if you dont mind me asking)

Around 5000$ or 6000$ Why?
Got something for me?:)
But I got someone who is good with Audi so the mecanic part dont bother me, It's more the parts part!!!that bother me!
But I saw a chip for my car on the net that give around 60HP!
That's alot no?

Anyway gonna go see her again tonight and make my mind!

and just by the way I would pay around 3000$ and 3500$ for the car(5000CS turbo Quattro)so I will put 2500$-3000$ extra on the car!...go baby go!(I hope!)

The car looks attractive, but if he's just spent money on paint, brakes and all the other stuff he mentioned in his ad, than why is he selling it for the amount he must have just invested? I am VERY experienced in buying money pits because they appealed to me (porsche 924, Puma gt, VW 16v etc...) and the only people that were ever really happy were the guys who I gave too much money to. I'm not trying to be negative, just cautious!

It's done!
I bought the car...
I tell you guys it's in near perfect condition!
The interior of the car is so great, and every thing is working...
RMR autosport...do you sell any parts for that type of car????

I can't I'M going away fro the week-end maybe next week?
And by the What's there anyway?(at the Brass I meen?!?!)

Congrats, now you can start working two jobs and dumping all the money you have in your car to make faster because that's what whe all do. I don't meen your car is slow I just meen that you will want to modify it and you'll put all your extra money into it for sure, that's what I do anyways.

Hey! that'S the only reason I work!!!;-)
But the speed is pretty impressive for that type of car!?!
I think they had 165HP stock that's not to bad!
anyway winter's coming and with the Quattro I'm gonna laugh at alot of poeple!!!
Next summer is already plan!!!hehehe

The monthly meet is at the Hymus brass tonight, sorry you can't make it, but check in at the St Charles Tim Horton's (near Walmart) during the week and show it off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back