I need your advice..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex79

Legacy Member
I want to install a 12' in my car but I don't want the sound system to get stolen.. I thought about tinting the back window totally black(so that you can't see the sub), hiding the sub with something(a towel for example) or taking off the spare tire in the back and put the sub in there.... I wouldn't really want to do that since I'll probably lose some power and I would have no spare tire:) And you guys think a 12' with a good amp would be good enough for my car? Also what king of sub/amp should I get? I am willing to spend some money but not millions:) I'll post a pic of my car to give you an idea of what it looks like...

Thanks
Nick (Rx-7 '79)

Tinting the back window is a good idea i guess, but usually (i clearly specify usually) the head units are more prone to theft. I would only worry if your window was complety transparent and the sub was fluorescent yellow:cool: So make sure it doesnt stick out too much. Covering it with a carpet is a good idea. Leave your spare alone. It seems you only need a good 12 in a simple carpet box and not a crazy fiberglass install. I would recommend JL Audio for something good.

Show us some pics and we'll tell you how to hide it

pics

you mean some pics of the back of the car? where i'm gonna put my subs? if that's what you meant I'll go take some soon with my digi cam and I'll post them later
Thanks,
Nick

yeah tint will do the trick and please go memphis subs and you mentioned you don't mind spending a little money if so go get some FOCAL subs it's so so clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back