FS: 15x7.5 BBS RM's with 1.5" Kodiak lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
no way!!!:( they were the soul of your car......very sad day for me..
big00047.jpg

:bow:

guess your cousin decided not to have these afterall, marc?? Do you still have the stock lips around? and if so, have they been refinished?

Golf_chick said:
guess your cousin decided not to have these afterall, marc?? Do you still have the stock lips around? and if so, have they been refinished?

Sorry no stock lips, Yan broke his promiss yes, so I have to post them.

They where nice on the car for sure, but eh...I got 2 more sets of some pretty rare classics ;)

man those wheels are hot! too bad they are too rich for my student blood!

good luck with the sale, those will look good on any vw!

Last edited:
omg those wheels are beautiful. if only i had 1500 to blow... would you take 1000? if so im down.

TroPicalVR6 said:
1500$ yow are they gold plated???
actually they are worth more than that!

look at it this way:
the stock RM's are worth around 500$ usually depending on the condition you get them

then you have to buy the kodiak lips, they are worth between 500 and 600 (paid mine 560$ for 2 inch lips)

then you have to get the tires for them (another 500$)

so if you had everything it comes to exactly 1500$ at the cheapest prices

and were not counting the job he put on them because taking out the stock lips and the 120 bolts is a pain in the ass, then cleaning everything and putting it back together, then you have to pay to mount the tires on them! so if you think about it yes he's not selling them cheap but it still is a fair price!

if i was selling mine i wouldn't go lower than 1500$

right now mines are costing 475 for the RMs and 560 for the lips so it's 1035$ and i invested more than 8 hours cleaning every single bolt and preparing them to a new paint (i know i didn't need to do that but i'm a bit perfectionist)!
also i want to powdercoat the middle and change the center cap plastic bolt for a metal one so at the end these wheels are going to cost me more than 2000$ with the tires

Haha, no they are not gold plated...there are pictures up there, I don't see any gold.

And they are not even that rare realy, hard to find yes, but very do-able. But to get them all done and have all the parts, center caps are a bitch. You can make your own for less $$$ most certainly but not everyone wants to take the time, try to find all the parts and wait 2 months for the lips.

When I was done with my set, the grand total with tires mounted...2600$ I got some badass rubber though.

When you have a set for sale, please, sell them for any price you want...I will not interfere...its not my place ;) Unless I want to buy them, then I will post ;)

Man those are mint! I have a set of badly scuffed up wabbly RM's.
I've been thinking of getting the lips for them.
Where can I pick up a set of lips for a decent price?
Also will the 2 inch lip be too much hasstle to fit on an MK2?

EDIT: Mojo BTW bump for a mint set of wheels & good luck with the sale.

Look for Scirroco16v, something like that. Has posts all over Vortex and VWQuebec...maybe on here too...he seems to have a few sets of 2" lips for sale.

Mojoban said:
Look for Scirroco16v, something like that. Has posts all over Vortex and VWQuebec...maybe on here too...he seems to have a few sets of 2" lips for sale.
Ya thanks, we got in touch! :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back