Need info on car audio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

goedike

My mom's car (wich I will drive soon enough) has a really shitty sound system in it... I want to put something better in it, do you think its worth it to put a whole sound system with speakers, subs, amps and the radio, or if i should just change the radio for now?

Also, do you HAVE to buy an amp if you change the radio and the 4 speakers in the car?

Originally posted by goedike
My mom's car (wich I will drive soon enough) has a really shitty sound system in it... I want to put something better in it, do you think its worth it to put a whole sound system with speakers, subs, amps and the radio, or if i should just change the radio for now?

Also, do you HAVE to buy an amp if you change the radio and the 4 speakers in the car?

Sure it is. Feel free to upgrade everything, but make sure it's a clean install. Meaning, no crazy custom work like fiberglass enclosures and such. Make sure everything is easily removable so that you can pull everything out and install into the car you will buy for yourself, if you intend on doing that.

Changing the stock radio won't do much in terms of sound although, any soundsystem is as good as the weakest link. But if you say the entire system is shitty, it's probably the speakers. If you dont have enough $$$ to upgrade everything at once, go step by step but buy the new radio first, then amp and speakers and last come the subs.

Any more questions?

ok listen closely yes you should upgrade and quickly. here's what you do first. 1) change the headunit first get a good quality like clarion.2) get an amp to power the speakers in the fron get components and yes you do need an amp because otherwise if you play it to loud w/o an amp it will get distorted.4) do not get rear deck speakers because you want the sound coming at you not from behind you. think about it if you go to a concert are the performers behind you or in front of you ill let you figure that out.5) get some nice subs if you have a hatchback one will usually do but if not you usually need two and depending on how thick your back seat is you will need more power and yes you need a serperate amp for the subs.

here are brand names that you won't be dissapointed with
clarion head unit
memphis components
memhis amps
memphis subs

if you have a little more money
dmention amps
FOCAL components
FOCAL subs
and by a little more money i mean a lot more money but you will not be dissapointed at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back