16's or 17's good looking weels for a supra MkIII ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprarz

if anybody has a set of decent looking weels that would fit a supra MkIII
im looking for some 16's or 17's have to be at least 7.5 wide

thanks

hey...
why at least 7.5??? beware, because the back will only fit 285 width tires and the front only 245 width. By the way...any rims from RX-7, 300ZX and newer supras will fit. the bolt pattern is 114.3 x 5.....

only 285 hehe thats to big for me :D im only pushing 285 Hp. all i want is tu put 8 inch wide rims with 245/40zr17 at the back and 235/40zr17 front or the equivalant with 16 inch rims .. thing with the 8 inch rims is that i want the tires to be flush with the width of the rims gives a stiffer cornering.:bigup:

only 285??? I know some guys who only DYNO 240-250hp with their MKIII and run 13 sec 1/4 mile times. what kind of mods do you have? what kind of torque you got. it would be cool to see the dyno sheet.

Originally posted by supra_turbo3.0
only 285??? I know some guys who only DYNO 240-250hp with their MKIII and run 13 sec 1/4 mile times. what kind of mods do you have? what kind of torque you got. it would be cool to see the dyno sheet.

13sec Supra? MkIII?
What the hell are his mods man? I ran a freaking 16, bone stock...

Fact is..all the guys from cali and stuff who mod their supras only dyno in the 225 to 300 range unless it is some hopped up single turbo monster. Your 285 hp (unless you have an actual dyno test) is probably closer to 200 rwhp. Look at some of the meets and look at the top ten dyno runs for MKIIIs. Give yourself some credit...16 second 1/4 mile w/ 285 hp???(i don't care how heavy the car is). Also, stock does the 1/4 mile in 15.0, so with all due respect maybe your launch needs a little work, or your tires are finished. Anyway. I don't want to sound like I am hating on a fellow supra owner. I just am interested in what mods you have and stuff.:)

OK i see i have created a little confusion here :rolleyes:

My 285 HP are Crank HP not rwhp and are approximations with the mods i have and the information provided by suprastore.com proud builders of the 1100 Hp MkIv supra's and the fast and furious movie supra.

My mods are prety basic .

for starter's the full metal HKS head gasket upgrade.

1- full flow air intake.
2- 3" exaust all the way .. No catalytic converter's, No resonaters, and just an HKS High flow Muffler.
3- 3" down pipe with of course no Cat.
4- boost controler (with boost up to 12 Psi .. that's as high as i can go with out gettin the damn fuel cut)

My next mod will be 550 injectors and lexus AFM and fuel pressure regulator.

Hope this sorts out a few of these mis uderstanding's

Originally posted by supra_turbo3.0
i stand corrected you said 16 sec bone stock not with the 285 hp.....what do you run now???

i did not say 16 sec bone stock some other guy did ..

sorry..I must have been on crack. Anyway suprarz, does the car run well at 12 psi on stock injectors and afm??? What is your boost controller like??? What color is your car? What area do you live in??
P.S. I think you may be over 285 hp at the crank by estimation because every single psi above stock (6.8) equals about 11 hp, so thats already 55 above the stock 230 plus the dp w/ no cat spools the turbo a little faster ( I have a custom 3 " stainless downpipe too) No cats or resonators adds another 20 or so hp, and a higher flow muffler another 10, and the intake another 8-10 for a grand total of 325 estimated hp at the crank.

well i dont drave the car on 12 Psi every day .. my normal driving boost is 7 psi or 8 psi .. nice and gentle hehehe:D

But when i kick it up to 12 psi it's good but dont drive it like a nascar at that amount of psi it does not like the red line (fuel cut)
6000 Rpm's at most but it still goes ..

That's why this summer im gettin ready for the Lexus and injector upgrade finaly ill be able to give it 15 Psi.

My boost controler is prety mutch a Basic Electronic boost controler .. No gismos of all kinds just boost. ITs a Greedy Profect A boost controler with Fuzzy logic.
My car is Red :) with the original 23 pound wheels :eek:( but hey it looks like a stock supra but surprise.. :eek:) i live neer ottawa.

So you say i would have aprox: 320 Crank HP ??

say we round it out to the middle at 300 Hp how many does that give me at the wheels ?? just about ??

anyways .. got to go

here's my to do list for next winter.
1- change to a Lexus AFM
2- Fuel Pressure regulator
3- 550 cc injectors
4- New racing clutch and if budget (girl friend) :p approves this ill get me a good aluminium Flywheel that is less that half the weight of the original one. ( if my banker (GF) aproves it) :rolleyes:
5- and a must im getting rid of the damn anoying Cluch fan and installing dual electric fans .. proly do that this summer .. i hate the sound of a damn cluch fan :mad:

sounds like a pretty nice setup! personally if I were you I would go with the HKS replacement for the AFM, I think it is called a VPC. Anyway, to get the rwhp figure you are supposed to assume 15 % powertrain loss so at 12 psi your are probably running about 250 to 255 dyno. I still have the stupid stock rims too, but that doesn't matter because at the moment my car has no engine. It is currently undergoing a complete rebuild. JE pistons (o/s), HKS MHG, everything else is toyota. Only thing I am keeping from before is the block, heads, some valves, crank (needed polishing).
P.S. what are you gonna do for intercooling?? running 12 psi +++?

Originally posted by suprarz

i did not say 16 sec bone stock some other guy did ..

I ran 16.65 and a trap speed of 85mph(sanair)...BUT that's also the day i blew my head gasket! Im pretty sure now i could run 15'. That's with a Ractive Muffler and a stock k&N replacement filter.(Already had does on when i ran the 16.65)Oh yah im not turbo. so that's approx. 200hp.

Suprarz. We should meet up some day..i live close to Orléans.
pm me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back