Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpyderFromJapan said:
How much tax will I be paying at the saaq for a 95 240 sx se??

I think it's 7.5% of the price you declare you paid at the SAAQ.

READ: the price you pay and the price you declare dosent have to be the same ! I'd say declare 6000$ and then youll pay 450$ taxes

If you declare too low, I think they will charge you 6.5% of [the price they think its worth minus 500$] or something similar.

they charge you tax on the minumum value in their book. period. my van was bought for 2000 I paid tax on 2400, my camry was 7000 I paid tax on 7600, cause those were the minimum values in the saaq "blue book" or whatever.

Only cars that are 10 y.o. and younger are listed and since yours is a '95 it is listed in Saaq's book. Maybe if you call them they will give you the amount of taxes that you have to pay.

Gui yo me said:
Only cars that are 10 y.o. and younger are listed and since yours is a '95 it is listed in Saaq's book. Maybe if you call them they will give you the amount of taxes that you have to pay.

Their reference is the book from autotrader (autohebdo) so if you find a used car dealer that has it go verify the price in this book. You cant buy this book you have to be registered.

the value of a 95 is $5000 in their books, (as of last summer)
so you pay based on that, just make sure you agree with the person you bought it from to claim you paid 5000 for the car, if you tell them 6, you get taxed on 6.
your best bet is to call and ask the saaq how much it's worth, thats what i did and they told me right away.

So for a car that is 14 years old ..... they wont have a pre-made price ?
Im want to buy a 1992 240 that is worth approx. 4000 $. Should i mention i paid 4k $ and pay 7.5 % of it or should i be able to say i bought it for 2500 $ ( example ) and have 7.5 % on that ??

matberge said:
So for a car that is 14 years old ..... they wont have a pre-made price ?
Im want to buy a 1992 240 that is worth approx. 4000 $. Should i mention i paid 4k $ and pay 7.5 % of it or should i be able to say i bought it for 2500 $ ( example ) and have 7.5 % on that ??

Just say that you paid 50 $ and you will pay 3.50 $ of taxes *tu* . They won't even ask you a single question as everyone is doing that. But if you buy it from a dealer you will have to say the right price that is on the contract. Unless you arrange with the dealer to pay a certain amount cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back