How to attache my sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcuraEL

Legacy Member
Hi all.
Two questions, in m car which has same body as foor door civic, what is the best directions to point my sub box? Toward the rear, the front or up?
Second question is, how can I atach my sub to the floor?
Just to prevent it from bouncing around on hard conrnering :)

thanks for any help

Originally posted by YK3D
Hi all.
Two questions, in m car which has same body as foor door civic, what is the best directions to point my sub box? Toward the rear, the front or up?
Well, the best way is where you think it sounds best. It wall sound different in different locations, depending on the car. In my car with a sealed box the best is ... subs facing the rear of the car, with the box as close as possible to the rear (about 3-4 inches from the back of the trunk). This creates a bigger wavelength that the sound has to travel thus Making the bass seem much deeper then it really is. Here is a better explanation.

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34758

Originally posted by YK3D
Second question is, how can I atach my sub to the floor?
Just to prevent it from bouncing around on hard conrnering :)

thanks for any help

And to brace it, well... use an 'L' bracket, and screw it down into the trunk. Otherwise if you don't like screwing into the drunk since the gas tank may be right there, you can always buy velcro strips, and use those.

Thanks Altima, that article was relly interesting.

But I still don't get it about bracing the box.
The floor is made out of some shtty thin wood, rigth? So am I suppose to go through it till the bottom of the spare tire enclosure? is there any site where I can get some visual of this?

I was thinking of attaching it somehow to that tiny plywood floor, it's not solid but it would just keep it off bouncing around. maybe by screwing some metal cornets to the sides of the box and screwing those corners to the floor.

Well, I don't know your car, so as for bracing it I was only able to give General Ideas. Best thing would be to ask on CCQ, or any other Civic drivers where they attached theres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back