Saturn SL1 2001 (a.k.a. Red Planet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my winter car ! After 12 years of beater cars that cost no more than $750.00 .I bought a new second/winter car .a 2001 saturn .i wanted a no options low cost car ,and thought the non steel body would last me many many winters .It is a boring looking car .not much style to it i must admit .I wasnt planning on lowering it or putting 20" wheels on it as it it driven mostly in the winter

IT IS MY SECOND / WINTER CAR!

my other car is under "5.0 lx"

thanks for your help so far :p

i think i will tint the windows and leave it at that !

here is the engine...if anyone cares to see a stock 1.9 Saturn .Less than 10km in this picture .Straight from the dealer .Thats 100hp your looking at!! lol

My 01 SC1 ran 16.8 @ 81mph... so its not to bad for a car. I guess. I can get it into the high 15s or low 16 for under 20$ of mods... and a CAI sounds realy nice on it.

I dont know what you want to build out of it or keep it as the daily slow car.
I drew what I would like my SC to look like, and I think the SL would look good too with a body kit on it.

Project_Saturn.jpg

Originally posted by ProjectPhase1
My 01 SC1 ran 16.8 @ 81mph... so its not to bad for a car. I guess. I can get it into the high 15s or low 16 for under 20$ of mods... and a CAI sounds realy nice on it.

Project_Saturn.jpg

Are u ok?
20$ high 15s low 16s

something not right in ure head

not realy.. i make most of the part I need. .. ok, so exept for a K&N filter (80$) most souldnt cost more than 20 bux... dont believe me, Ill get time slips and recepts for the parts if you want.

I dont know what you want to build out of it or keep it as the daily slow car

LOL i like the term "slow car" .I call my Mustang a "go car" .I was more in the term of a strip .I drove the chylers dealer and show some Neons painted orange with a flat black strip down the side that was cut in pieces near the back bumper .was very much like the 'cudas of the 70' .same orage color and black strip "a la AAR" thats the idea i am looking for .the Neons looked cool!

bmwmcoupe said:
Are u ok?
20$ high 15s low 16s

something not right in ure head

lets bring back this post..

even tho I hate that saturn model, 20$ can sound cheap for that kind of gain, but on a saturn .. by changing the intake, or simply boring the TB, you gain like 3hp =/ and also, taking off the spare tire helps alot! =/ and shifting at the perfect RPM.. not over RPM it..

if i can refer you all to http://www.turbosaturns.net/ .. see some 12secs car there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back