Neuspeed supercharger on a 2.0L Jetta... (plz read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkawim

Legacy Member
Hey guyz...

So my mom leased a Jetta 2000 2.0L 2 years ago and has 2 years left on the lease... (4years total)

I was wondering...does anywone know wut the buy back price would be on the car???

Second question...Its an automatic and thats driving me crazy but its still alot of fun to drive (even thow it has a lack of power)...

Can u fit that supercharger on an automatic transmition???

So wut do i do guyz???
Scrap the Corrado projects and go for the more reliable moms car???

Tell me wut u think ok??

Thx,
Karim

Ps:I know its not quite as powerfull...but the mods would cost less...wouldent they???

yes you can fit the neuspeed supercharger on an automatic. and the mods wouldn't necesarily cost less either. as for the price that'd be the buy back, I havn't a clue. Ask the dealership.

Buyback depend on whatever your monthly payments are. Higher monthly payments=lower residual value and vice versa.

mainsc.jpg

Leasing...

The car is leased for 48 months and there was a down payment of 2.5K...

Hope that helps...

Btw...right now i got 115HP and 122Torque...

Wut kinda power do u guyz think id be looking at with a p-chip...a p-flow...and the SC ???

Thx,
Karim

Re: Leasing...

I heard that S/C is a waste of 5 grand....specially when the end results in only keeping up with VR6.

I would really like to see one keep up with a VR6 with this kit...a darn nice designed one though!! ;)

Someone has dynoed a neuspeed supercharger and he gets like 135 Hp to the wheels. It is a great improvement over the stock 95 HP to the wheels however if you are the guy who wants more power and gets used to power fast, this kit is not for you. You cannot upgrade it or make it output more psi.

Karim...forget about the automatic 2.0 jetta! You will 100% kick yourself in the ass after being stuck with a car that is so much work to be quick! Unless you have the cash to really beef it up!

You're much better off starting with a base that has a decent amount of power. (vr6, 16v or 1.8t) in a mk3 or older chasis!

I drove Neuspeed's supercharged Cabrio while I was in Cali. this summer and it's pretty good. Ok, it's not crazy fast but it is a HUGE improvement over stock. My girlfriend has a 98 cabrio and man is it slow. It's enough to break traction easily in first gear. I'd say it fealt like a VR6 stock.

That's what I thought.....I guess it's more for someone who wants to be different and not have a VR6....but I dunno, I still think it's a waste of money for minimal improvement.

With a 135 at the wheels, it's equivalent to the 150hp 1.8T stock. According to an article I read, it just barely keeps up. For 5000$ I find it's a tad too expensive. a few more dollars and you've got a winning turbo setup or a swap. If it were in the 3000$ CAN range it'd be worth it. but not at 5k. WHat's good about it, it's an install and forget power upgrade. No fiddleing or anything.

AHH i dunno wut to do....

But then wut the hell do i do...

Guyz im honestly starting to twitch!!!

The 2.0L wouldent be powerfull enough...the Corrado would cost me a @#%$ fortune cause of repairs and @#%$...and a model thats too old doesent apeal to me....

(im going for looks as well as power)

How much would an MK3 Jetta cost me???
Do u guyz have any idea???

Either way i need one of these cars...the day i buy a civic or some @#%$ box like that is the day i want all of you to run me over with your nice ass cars!!!

DEATH BY VW...

So wud u guyz think...wuts my best bet???

thx,
Karim

Re: AHH i dunno wut to do....

FRom JAP Tuning,

What a waste of money, spendng 5000$ for 40 whp, it's more expensive then modifing a VR6. I'll go 100% more with the turbo kit cost 6500$ installed at J.A.P. Tuning.

Jérémie Arpaïa

Re: Thx JAP

Be prepared to pay big $$$ for insurance.
Young male + VR6 is a bad equation in insurance companies book. You better check before you buy.

Don't forget though, the Neuspeed S/C kit is a BOLT on (3.5 hrs install time) and will be dead reliable...forvever! The kit is perfect for some one who does not want to swap in a stolen VR6 (they just about all are, lol) and wants his/her car to be reliable, quick and fun to drive. It is notr a rocket, but MUCH faster than stock.

Matt

Hummmm

Not enough power

5K's for a mere 40HP....im just not sure its worth it...

And as for insurance...i figure it would cost me less than a Corrado since they are discontinued...

dont you think??

Karim

for a better educated decision I would suggest going on the GIII, 2.0l 8V, and VR6 VWVortex forums. Their market and experience is bigger and you will get lots of experience from real customer, after all it your dough! ;)

Another option is one of our 3.0l VR6 w/11:1 compression and software to run it... 215-220 whp.....lol (252-258hp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back