WANTED-Car Audio Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocVoodoo

Hi guys.. im planning to change my audio system in my car... i've sell the old one...

- 12inch Dr.Krankenstein sub on Kenwood 4-channels 1000watt amplifier system...

the CD-audio reveiver is a Kenwood KDC-609 i think.. its the old model of the KDC-519.. but im keeping it cause it does a good job.

I got an equalizer system too (Kenwood KEC-202) 3-way electronic crossover..

all of theses systems was on my Suzuki Swift 91 and it was good past 4 years....

last summer i bought a stainless steel muffler by Ractive 4.5inch out with 2.5inch allway exhaust system from manifold till muffler all stainless... the sound is really loud.. im sure im not in law but i'll keep it on... but my soundsystem cant pass over this loud sound so i might find out a new subsystem with amplifier...

if you got some idea for a product that can be more louder than my exhaust system will be nice... i want to get the perfect sound for a good price.

Well, to start, get a good pair of speakers in the front! Keep the 4 channel amp for those. Pickup a single 12" or two if you want, MTX 600 series are decent for the price. And if the amp can handle it, use 2 channels to power the front speakers, an bridge the rear two to the sub.

If the amp doesn't support mixed mono, then buy a seperate amp for the sub. Preferably a 1 or 2 channel amp. If you just want loud, then buy a ported box tuned to around 35Hz, if you want SQ then go sealed!

BTW just a sub and an amp does not constitute it as being a system, it just makes it loud. A system has mids and highs, something stock speakers can't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back