GTI -- TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TDI stand for Turbo Diesel Injection or something like that, there are not hp monster but have good amount of torque, like 150lbs of torque, dans the GTI is a sportier version of the car, the body is the same, but the spirit is differrent, and you can have a GTI with a 2liter, with a 1.8liter turbocharged or one with a VR6, depend on your taste and personnel preference, but i suggest you to check the last 2 and please, take them with a manuel tranny, your welcome !

He's right. The GTI also come fully loaded in terms of options, but you can't get it in the 2.0L format anymore. Only the 1.8T and the VR6.

But the TDI is a great engine. Incredile milage can be had from it. And if you wanna modify it, a simple chip larger injector and putting it strait pipe (no more muffler or cat) can get you upwards of 150hp...

I wouldn't think so. Diesel engines are easier tp repair than gaz engines. At least the old ones were. I don't know about the new TDI engine. But in any case, there's always the good old stealership, I mean, dealership. :) They should know how to fix up the TDI. They should at least.

Go for like a 97 GTI VR6, Ginster YELLOW! Good car, and fast...plus any mechanic can work on one...if you trust them that is.

Ya but they're pricy too :)

What difference does it make if a car uses diesel or gaz?
It might be a stupid question but I really don't know what's the difference between the two.

dubguyvr6, is that what you drive (97 GTI VR6, Ginster YELLOW)?

The difference lies in the way the engine works. To the majority of the population, there is no difference. You press the go pedal to go and the stop pedal to stop, and you make sure you go to the proper pump.

A diesel engine runs on a much higher compression than a gas engine, as that's what lights up the air/fuel mixture. There's no spark plugs in a diesel. It'd be kinda lengthy to explain it all here. I suggest you go and see www.howstuffworks.com and look up engines, diesel and gasoline. You'll get more complete information there.

Our good frined Rocky Stiff Ready drives the yellow VR6!

Here's him in action!!
tmp643.jpg

I do more than 400 km on a tank... I generally do 500-550km. But that's with my K&N filtercharger and original exhaust (winter mode). With my open element K&N and cat-back and 17" (summer mode), it's about 400km. I've got the 2.0L though, don't know about the other enignes.

And the TDI does about 800-900 in practical every day driving. One of my teachers has a 2000, and that's the milage he gets from it.

I do about 350-400 average on a 60 liter tank! VRstoopid! I average a week about 60$ of gas

Man... that's alot of gas!!! I average to about 40$ a week.

btw I like your new little pic on the side... burn baby burn!! But remeber to stir, otherwise the rice will stick to the bottom.

i get 345km out of 32L of gas, thats with my driving style, you know the one its like " yes im in a race get outa my way!!!" oh ya not a VW, its a mazda, sorry.

I remember that too vrsick... those were the days.. I remeber when you could buy 1 cent candy too... good times, good times.

i love it when ppl tell me that it used to cost them 3$ to fill up their minis!! it costs me 15$ times change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back