Problem with my radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

///GTiMaNiaK///

Hey ppl, I'm having a problem with my Sony Xplod radio
in my car...Sometimes it works fine while at other times
there's no sound coming from it, but the radio is working at this time. I checked and rechecked the connections a few times
but the problem is still occuring...do u think it might be
the radio itself??????

In the case that it's a Sany, it could very well be the radio itself. (Don't worry, sony may not have the best quality, but they ALWAYS live up to their warranties!). Anyways, make sure of the standard things, such as all speaker wires in in there tight, and check where you have the radio grounded too. Best place is usually the same place as the factory ground, but sometimes changing it could help.

well here's what you do to test it. go into your car and see if anywhere in the front of the radio it says SONY if so there you go you have found the problem. sorry for being such a dick but return that shit back to future shop and get educated if you want a really good place to go email me.

I don't know guys, all the wiring seems fine, but
I'm thinking it's got something to do with my
fusebox...When it cuts off, it's always after it
rained, could it be humidity??? And the only
way it seems to get fixed is by playing with
the fuse...I don't know...I'm pretty sure it's
not the system itself, it works fine until it rains
a lot...:dunno:

In that case it sounds like something is loose. Make sure all wires connected to the fuse block. I don't think it would be cause by moisture, it would short out the fuse in that case. Since you never mentionned anything about blown fuses (just moving it around), this is the best thing I can think of. Then again, it could still be a grounding problem, or possibly an internal problem with the Sony unit itself!

yo gtimaniak sorry bro for acting like an ass one love. anyway when i mean texas i mean lasalle

Both ways...
I haven't had any problems with it in
a while, hopefully they won't be coming
back. But I've checked everything
and basically took it out and re-installed it.
Everything seems fine now...Thanks for the help:bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back