Is there a real muscle car scene in Montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

67Continental

Legacy Member
I am just wondering if there is actually a muscle car / non-import scene in Montreal? I know that such a scene exists in Ottawa, as I spent some time there last year, but I have been unable to determine if there is anyone here interested in muscle or classic automobiles, or if these people are organized... I know that this web baord is probably not for that kind of interest but still, my question remains - is the import community accepting of muscle, or is there a seperate community for them?

Orange Julep wednesdays, Super C/Harvey's in Laval on friday nights.

There's a rather unusual import/V8 atmosphere here because the two communities don't flame each other to death, unlike what happens usually (and the V8 guys, I might add, often are the less tolerant ones), but most muscle cars hang out at those two spots.

Supernaut is pretty much on the money, personally I find that us muscle car guy's are a little more in to really working on our (my friends and I anyway) than chating on the net about cars not that there is anything wrong with it because I do it to!, so I think that's why you would not see the muscle car side of montreal on a messageboard as much you see the compacts.

But the scene is still there! more in laval than the westIsland, which is were alot of people are from on this board.

The V8 community is also more mature in general (not that I wanna say they're all geezers ;) ), I prefer admiring the cars than watching morons do cutoff shows at Julep thursdays...

Personally I'm limited to posting on message boards because I don't have the cash for a decent V8 car yet, so I'm just a hangaround really ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back