Car of the Month: Février 2011: 2006 Rolls Royce Phantom

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
0211rolls.jpg

2006 Rolls Royce Phantom

Photos: Jeremy Glover
Article: Danny Geraghty

Ces dernières années, notre site a reçu pas mal de commentaires négatifs concernant le choix des véhicules Toyz Autoart pour la voiture du mois. De nombreux membres estiment que, étant donné que Toyz offre exclusivement le service pour des véhicules haut de gamme, que leur travail n'est pas représentatif de la communauté. Nous comprenons, mais ne sont pas nécessairement d'accord à 100%. La communauté n'est pas limitée et n'exclut pas un aspect de la scène à Montréal. Nous avons des membres qui ont 16 ans et commence tout juste à modifier leur première voiture, et nous avons des membres qui ont 40 ans et course leur Porsche au Mont-Tremblant tous les week-end. De temps en temps nous vous présenterons des véhicule de Toyz et de temps en temps, nous vous présenterons un mec local avec un sleeper qui se trouve au Julep tous les semaines.

Ce mois-ci nous vous présentons ce Rolls Royce Phantom 2006. Bien qu'il a que quelques modifications, il va probablement générer plus d'attention que tous nos véhicules en vedette. Anciennement propriété de l'acteur Nicolas Cage qui a un affaire pour les Phantoms, il a été importé de Los Angeles en 2009 par Toyz. Un module d'abaissement de la suspension à air d'origine permet de se débarrasser de l'écart de la roue, mais avec des jantes 26" de Davin il n'y avait pas beaucoup à se débarrasser.

=================================================================

In recent years our website has received quite a bit of flak regarding the choice of Toyz Autoart vehicles as car of the month. Many members feel that given the fact that Toyz deals exclusively in high end vehicles, that their work is not representative of the community. We understand the criticism but don't necessarily agree 100%. The community is not limited to and does not exclude any aspect of Montreal's car enthusiast scene. We have members that are 16 years old and just starting to mod their first car, and we have members that are 40 years old and race Porsches at Mont Tremblant every weekend. From time to time we'll feature a vehicle form Toyz and from time to time we'll feature a local sleeper that's been going to the Julep for years.

This month we are featuring this 2006 Rolls Royce Phantom. While light on mods, it will probably turn more heads than any of our previous featured vehicles. Formerly owned by actor Nicolas Cage who has a thing for Phantoms, it was imported from L.A. in 2009 by Toyz. Using a lowering module for the stock air suspension, the car can be lowered quite a bit to get rid of the ugly wheel gap but with 26" Davin wheels there wasn't much gap to get rid of.

OWNER: Toyz autoart

• EXTÉRIEUR

Stock.

• INTÉRIEUR

Stock.

• ROUES et PNEUS

Davin DS 26" avec Pirelli P-Zero 295-30-26

• SUSPENSION ET FRIENS

Suspension a l'air

• SOUS LE CAPOT

Stock.

• AUDIO n/a

Lien vers la gallérie:http://montrealracing.com/vbgallery/browseimages.php?c=1005

looks like a pimped up bentley/chrysler 300

edit changed my mind.. id rather have a bentley or even a chrysler 300.. it's a screwed up version of those 2 very nice cars

Last edited:
i swear i saw this car in DDO last october.

Likely you did. It's been around for a couple of summers. In person the car has such a commanding presence due to its size and unconventional shape you really have to stop and study it to take it all in.

ive seen a blue droptop rolls a couple of times...once on the 40 west near st michel then another time on the 15 north near the 440. i think its the same owner but wow what a car

I always liked the Phantom but not modified.

Ça tombe bien, celle-ci est stock à part les rims qui valent plus cher qu'une dette d'études en médecine.

Pour moi, cette auto n'a absolument aucun intérêt.

Je persiste à dire que ça n'a pas sa place comme voiture du mois.

Likely you did. It's been around for a couple of summers. In person the car has such a commanding presence due to its size and unconventional shape you really have to stop and study it to take it all in.

I saw it parked on Parc avenue 2 summers ago I believe, and I pulled over to check it out.. I was checking out the mags with my friends and was like "Damn, what size are these wheels?" The owner, who was inside a coffee shop or something saw us checking it out and came outside and said "They're 26s" You wouldn't believe how big this car is... 26s look like 20s on this thing. Balling as fuck.

Ça tombe bien, celle-ci est stock à part les rims qui valent plus cher qu'une dette d'études en médecine.

Pour moi, cette auto n'a absolument aucun intérêt.

Je persiste à dire que ça n'a pas sa place comme voiture du mois.

The Phantom and Ghost are nice as sold by the manufacturer. No changes necessary, even if they are limited to the wheels.

Back