New car new poblems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkawim

Legacy Member
Well the car IS 13 years old...i had to expect some weaknesses...

I love the car!!!...It runs beautifully except for 2 things ive noticed uptill untill now...

1: After the car has been on for an hour or so...it strts dropping at Idle...Dont get me wrong, never dies out...just goes down to 300-400 RPM's and goes to choke and then comes back to life at its normal 1000RPM's

2: When it press on the clut to change gears after 4000RPM's, I can feel a vibration in the clutch and it makes a rubbing noise...no grinding...just rubbing...

So...Any ideas?...Anything will help!!!

Ciao!

Karim

Originally posted by bigkawim
Well the car IS 13 years old...i had to expect some weaknesses...

I love the car!!!...It runs beautifully except for 2 things ive noticed uptill untill now...

1: After the car has been on for an hour or so...it strts dropping at Idle...Dont get me wrong, never dies out...just goes down to 300-400 RPM's and goes to choke and then comes back to life at its normal 1000RPM's

2: When it press on the clut to change gears after 4000RPM's, I can feel a vibration in the clutch and it makes a rubbing noise...no grinding...just rubbing...

So...Any ideas?...Anything will help!!!

Ciao!

Karim

#1 is fine dont worry about it mine does it too. idle air solenoid is dirty thats why i think.

#2 check if youve got a damper box under if you dont its normal you have vibbs.

ummm

For the Iddle problem, i was told it might have to do with a Vacuum leak...

Does that amke sense to anyone here...i need to figure this out

PS: How can it be normal for my car to die when i turn it on...

Do u kno how i can remedi to the problem???

your idle aint normal
i just read really fast through it sorry
ok did you bitch at the guy btw

compress your intake system and see if you are leaking anywhere.

Re: Re: New car new poblems...

Originally posted by sspikey
[B#2 check if youve got a damper box under if you dont its normal you have vibbs. [/B]

Thank you so much, you just resolved a groovy mistery!

ok...

Im curious...What a Damper box and where should i be looking?

If i do have one...can it be removed???

Anywais..now the car is stalling even when im driving it...
Happens from time to time when im just letting the car roll in neutral...starting to worry me

anywais...keep up the good work

Karim

Might be a crappy MAFS sensor too... if it is it should be easy to find a used on for an sr guy like me .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back