lolz Ford West Island/Ford Canada

Rat^3

Well this is my first Ford (2017 Forcus RS) and my last Ford just based on customer service alone. I had enough of them during the summer after one part was on back order for 3 months and they refused to source the part for me and on another occasion (ile perrot) I went in for a oil change and a check engine but at the end of the service they forgot to check the codes and told me no mechanic was around to plug it in... (lols) anyways another story for another day.

I really do enjoy driving the car itself and again I took it into the dealership (West Island) for a oil change and check engine for warranty work. Oil change gets done no problem, and the check engine was a faulty spark plug causing a misfire. But instead of changing all four they just changed one and cleared the codes. I pick up the car late Friday night and guess what... the check engine is still there. That weekend I go away for a vacation out west and will take care of things when I get home.

Today guess what, I receive a phone call from the service at Ford West Island for them to let me know that, the spark plug they sent off to warranty was denied because of what... Because the car has 60,200kms...

200kms over the warranty allowance lol... When I asked the service guy why would he send it away without telling me ahead of time and his very response was "Ive never seen a spark plug get denied a claim for over 200kms but you're on the hook for it..."

Typically I'm the type of person who is very calm, but Ford Canada what the flying fuck. The car itself wasn't exactly cheap, service sends away a claim assuming itself it will get accepted, gets denied for 200kms and then come back to me and say "Sorry you gotta pay" and not to mention still have the check engine light on? lollll

Such a cheap piece of shit company and service a la mardeeeeeeee, this is my first Ford and my last Ford.

Why has Ford treated owners of these cars like such garbage is the real question. You aren't the first I've heard of that has had issues.

Why has Ford treated owners of these cars like such garbage is the real question. You aren't the first I've heard of that has had issues.

This is exactly what I told the service guy, I told him the car is isn't exactly bottom of the line and you're treating me like garbage. How do you expect your dealership to contain brand loyalty with a shit show like this, find some balls, bite the bullet and let your dealership cover this fuck up instead of me now hassling Ford Canada over a freaking spark plug. I could care a less of the part itself its just this cheap ass service that I'm given the run around in.

I work with Cummins and if our branch found out that service pulled some kind of bullshit move like this and not just biting the cost of a simple spark plug on a natural gas engine my god.

La garantie c'est 60000km , pas 60200. Le problème est survenu avant ou après le 60k? L'intervalle de remplacement des bougies, c'est quoi?

This is exactly what I told the service guy, I told him the car is isn't exactly bottom of the line and you're treating me like garbage. How do you expect your dealership to contain brand loyalty with a shit show like this, find some balls, bite the bullet and let your dealership cover this fuck up instead of me now hassling Ford Canada over a freaking spark plug. I could care a less of the part itself its just this cheap ass service that I'm given the run around in.

I work with Cummins and if our branch found out that service pulled some kind of bullshit move like this and not just biting the cost of a simple spark plug on a natural gas engine my god.
Sorry to hear.
I have a Mustang and a loaded Ford Edge, both not cheap cars. Ford and dealer treat me like crap too.
Hood paint peeling? Too bad.
Drivetrain vibration (from New)? Too bad.

Gas fumes leaking into cabin? Too bad
PTU leaks? Too bad..

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

La garantie c'est 60000km , pas 60200. Le problème est survenu avant ou après le 60k? L'intervalle de remplacement des bougies, c'est quoi?

Manufactures good will all the time. It's called good customer care and retention

I had a Mustang with the bottom of the doors bubbling on a 3 year old car and 40000km. Ford told me to pound sand, didn't even want to submit a claim and Ford Canada said its up the dealer when I complained.. Meanwhile BMW covered 10k in rust repairs on my then 10 year old E46... BMW Covered a driveshaft on my sisters car 6 months out of warranty....

If you don't mind the distance go to Morand Ford, they will take care of you. Just tell me if you want to go. Good friends work there.

La garantie c'est 60000km , pas 60200.

Oui by the book c'est 60 000km mais est-ce que tu fait vraiment chier un client qui a 200km de plus pour changer une criss de bougie qui coute rien ? On parle pas de refaire un moteur .
Selon moi, non tu fais pas chier le client pcq tu peux etre certain qu'il va s'en souvenir de ton service et marque de marde et en plus il te fera pas une belle pub ...

Les spark plug c'est dans le powertrain warranty et c'est 5ans/100k km

la maintenance recommander des sparkplug c'est a 160000km, donc comment ça ce fait que ton dealer te dit que les plug c'est pas garantie ?

Été 2018 j'ai drop ma Fiesta chez Chartrand Ford avec 99500km au compteur. Il me restait 500km a la garantie moteur.

Je suis allé là pour le faire checker suite a un overheat qui a causé une petite perte de coolant. Ils m'ont remplace la tête du moteur sous garantie car elle avait craqué et en même temps ils ont fait le rappel du coolant overflow tank qui est sorti de l'usine sans sensor de niveau.Seul négatif a dire est que ça leur a pris 3-4 semaines a recevoir les pièces, donc pendant ce temps là j Ai utilisé l'auto 2 semaines et l autre 2 j'étais en char loué. Quand ils commence a faire la job, mon char avait 1005xxkm.

Le staff au service m'a bien traité et donné un bon service. Rien a dire contre eux.

Le mieux dans tout ça ? J'ai même pas acheté le char de eux

C'est probablement mon dernier Ford, mais ça c'est a cause de leur politique suv only.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

la maintenance recommander des sparkplug c'est a 160000km, donc comment ça ce fait que ton dealer te dit que les plug c'est pas garantie ?

Ça l'es tu vraiment? Toujours penser que cette garantie là c'est "tout ce qui baigne dans l'huile", fack au final pas grand chose a partir les internals de l'engine ou tranny.

If you want some spark plugs at a great price, come see me. I'll hook you up. Change all 4. Let me know how it goes with Morand ford, first.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

S'il peut démontrer que le problème est arrivé avant, il y a une loi qui oblige le commercant à faire le travail.

Et ceci en va de même pour le produit de remplacement.

Exemple , si ca fait 1 an moins 1 jour , tu obtiens ton produit de remplacement, et il pète après 2 semaines, ils doivent de le remplacer.

Manufactures good will all the time. It's called good customer care and retention

I had a Mustang with the bottom of the doors bubbling on a 3 year old car and 40000km. Ford told me to pound sand, didn't even want to submit a claim and Ford Canada said its up the dealer when I complained.. Meanwhile BMW covered 10k in rust repairs on my then 10 year old E46... BMW Covered a driveshaft on my sisters car 6 months out of warranty....

Oui les goodwills existent, mais il y a souvent des critères à rencontrer comme: être le premier propriétaire, avoir fait tout les entretiens, avoir acheté l'auto chez le dealer qui demande le goodwill, etc.. Et même si le goodwill est accepté, il peut ne représenter qu'un % de la facture. Encore une fois ici, on a seulement qu'une version de l'histoire.

The scanner that the tech uses should be able to pin-point at exactly what mileage the misfires started occurring. Likely before 60000km

Where you take that from? From the 2017 warranty guide 2y 40k/km....So either the warranty giude is wrong, op or you....

Either way good luck op, does not sound fun, good on you for not wanting a Ford anymore.

Last edited:
My GTI was out of warranty of only about 2 month. Had to replaced a leak injector. VW canada paid 80% off the labor and pieces. But dont cover up the diagnostic.

Was already pissed to replaced a leaking Injector for 1200$ in a 70,000km car. Thank god VW paid 80%.

Where you take that from? From the 2017 warranty guide 2y 40k/km....So either the warranty giude is wrong, op or you....

Either way good luck op, does not sound fun, good on you for not wanting a Ford anymore.

My mistake, I was looking at 2018, OP is right :

Screen-Shot007.jpg

Back